1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobody is unhappy with AMOLED post S2?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by SquareWide, Sep 9, 2012.

1. SquareWide

SquareWide New Member

Sep 9, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I'm a bit surprised that I haven't heard anyone compare the screens of the S2 (super amoled plus) and S3 (super amoled).

I compared them and even though the resolution on the S3 is better for zooming in and out of text in the browser I found it much lower quality in every other regard.
    Namely.. Much dimmer, worse contrast, colours (I know they are a bit blown out on the S2)

Are there any S2 owners who felt the same?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am not an owner of either so no personal experience to share, sorry.

I have read a number of comparisons and I have not really seen much in the way of major complaints either way. One comparison did note that the S2 was so color saturated that the S3 screen was a welcomed relief giving it a more "real" presentation.

So are you an S2 owner who was considering an upgrade? Is this a big enough concern to stop you from upgrading?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. SquareWide

SquareWide New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Yes, I own an S2 and compared them side by side. Checked auto-brightness right away. I thought "That can't be right.".

The S3 seems Really dim compared to the S2. (I know the AMOLED especially the Plus screens are a little blown out on colours but you can change that in settings if you like.)

It is actually enough for me not to buy and S3. At least not from owning an S2.
    The HTC One X is the other main one I looked at and it has a Very bright and colourful screen. Beats the S3 easily I'd say. But it's still not that much better than the S2 to me. No sdcard and reports of bad battery life is what really made up my mind on the X though. Too bad. It's a beautiful phone.

I was hoping all these next gen phones would be a real step up. After checking them out I have no issue with waiting till the next round. Which surprises me.