1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Noob Rooting Problems

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jonesboy6, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jonesboy6

jonesboy6 New Member

Nov 10, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I was not one of the fortunate one who had a smooth rooting experience. I followed step by step the process for 2.1 rooting via video on droid-life however when i tried to flash the update.zip in the root of my SD card it won't execute, keeps telling me whole file signature not verified! WTF! Chris I hope you and the gang here can and will help with some advice. I'm sure others have had this issue. also I'm having issues with freezing on the Motorola M logo of boot up. HELP!!!

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    A common problem is that your PC may not being showing file extensions so when you renamed the file update.zip its really update.zip.zip
    Try just update.zip or verify the file is named correctly.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android app

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jonesboy6

jonesboy6 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Yes I know that's a common prob. but I did make sure that's not the case. but thanks for responding my fellow Nandroidian!

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Okay ... well in the menu you have to wipe data and cache. Then allow update.zip then update.zip (appreciated) I believe your on the right track. I know it seems odd but once you do it a few times it gets easy.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android app