1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Not seeing number of texts/emails

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by soxfan2k4, Nov 6, 2012.

1. soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4 New Member

Nov 6, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I have an HTC Inspire that I upgraded the software to 2.47.502.7 Since the upgrade, the displaying of the number of new texts/emails has been sporadic. When I first installed the software, it was not working at all, and then it started again, and stayed functioning for about four days. Now it has reverted back to not working again. Is that a quick setting change, or is it a bug in the new software?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Looks like that is a known SMS bug with that software.

I am curious, how did you get the upgrade and did you do it OTA? Was a notification receieved by you that an update was available or were you searching for one? I ask because it looks like that upgrade was actually released back in early 2011.

Who is your service provider, AT&T? When did you buy the phone and did you buy the phone new or used?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4 New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I did it OTA, and did so because I was having trouble adding an exchange acct to the device, and I thought maybe dl'ing the latest software/firmware would fix the problem.

Yes, my provider is AT&T, and I bought the device new April 16, 2011