1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Note 2 takes 10hrs to 20%

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by woldy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. woldy

woldy New Member

Dec 13, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Yesterday I plugged my (turned-off) Note 2 in but it refused to charge properly, even though I charged it via pc. I removed the stock battery and swapped a OEM and my mpj extended battery successively. It seems to be charging because the percentage was going up but it took almost 10hrs to 20%, oh and I am using the Samsung charger came with my phone. Should I send it for repair or get a replacement but it should be my last resort…Please help and thanks in advance:(

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi and welcome to eA.

I am confused. Are you charging on the PC or using the wall charger, or did you wind up trying both?

From what I am reading there are many users reporting the micro-usb cable is pretty flimsy and goes bad easily so you might try replacing that as a cheap solution, if it works. Since you had the problem with both the OEM and extended batteries maybe this is wort trying.

Second would be to make sure the micro USB port on your device is clean. You could shoot compressed air in it to make sure there is no dust in there hindering the connection. Also check the connectors on the ends of the cable.

You could also reboot the device and see if that clears the issue. However, if that resolves it and the issue returns you may have to contact the manufacturer.

That device does have a huge battery and as they age it will take longer to charge, but 10 hours seems extreme.

A few more questions....
    1) How long have you owned the device?
    2) Did you buy it new or used?
    3) Do you regularly let the battery run below 20% - 25% before charging?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. youha2

youha2 New Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Hello, my Note 2 is facing an exactly same problem. I don't have any spare battery, is the battery culprit??Please help, thank you!!
    1)/2) Mine has been used almost one year; 3) Yes, I regularly let the battery run below 20%.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I suspect your battery may be on the way out. LiIon batteries do not like to be drained down low and recharged repeatedly. It shortens their life. They prefer to be topped off.

I assume by the way your post was written you did not have this problem until recently and if so that is more proof the battery needs replacing.

I urge you to also stay away from off-brand batteries and purchase on OEM one for best performance.

Also make sure you take a look at our Android Battery Saving Tips to get the most out of a charge.

Do check to see what is using the most of your battery. Generally it will be the screen as detailed in the above link....