1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTE 3: significant battery change

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jul 21, 2014.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Noticed the past few days that my note3 battery life, which has been remarkably stellar has gone to sucky in record time. Took a look at the stats and google+ was consuming 28% of battery life!.... and since I don't do anything with it, it was obviously doing something on its own! Forums elsewhere on the web say that this has been a repeated problem with the app especially on updates. So uninstalled all updates on it and lo and behold today the phone operates as normal and expected.

Anybody else see this recently?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    That generally means the Google services is having trouble syncing and tries over and over. If you go to Settings --> Accounts --> Google and then select an account to see what services are syncing. I would bet you will see sync errors showing when the battery is draining....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Steve. When I look in there, I don't see any option to see logs. I did look at the last date and on was a few weeks ago and still had a sync circle in front of it, so I turned it off (don't use that service anyhow) and all the related services and keyed the manual re-sync. Everything flew in without a problem. Will keep an eye on it, thanks!