1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Note3: Text Messaging

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jul 22, 2014.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So perhaps a stupid question, but.....

Under text messaging, when you have the little balloons on both sides of the scree representing you and the other person,....

The other person's balloon shows their contact picture which comes in from my outlook contacts.

My balloon shows just a head...I have no picture, despite having my picture in my Google accounts and in my Outlook. I certainly ain't great shakes to look at, but it's better than some nameless grey head (although the color hair won't change)

Anyone know how to get your picture to show up in text messaging in the little balloon?

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    So I think I've solved my own question. It seems that there is a local profile for the phone owner and that wasn't filled out with information. I would have though that information would come in from your google account, but apparently not....or, I simply don't know the way to link this local profile to pull from my google account.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not sure, but if I open any text message and tap my gray image box it opens a Connection box. I choose the Google+ profile.

If a photo is stored with the Google+ profile that should then appear instead of the gray box.