1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nube Here!!!!! Need Help.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Bizzare, May 3, 2010.

1. Bizzare

Bizzare New Member

May 3, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I am New to Android I have a Couple of questions and some help. I just bought the HTC Hero from Best buy yesterday, So far so good, I came from the Palm Pre got to say I still love that phone but I couldn't stand waiting around on and update to fix the previous update but Multitasking I will miss. Any way I am trying to figure out if you can customize the pop up screen and re-arrange all the apps? also I am having trouble adding certain tones for the Messaging on the pre all I had to do was add to the main frame under Ring tones and that was it but On the Hero they all went straight to just the ringtones and nothing went to the Alarm and Messaging, Can any one please Help? Thanks in advance.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    welcome to eA!!

on the main screen?
    just hold the icon and it will shake and then you can move it or delete it
    you cant rearrange the icons in the app drawer unless you root your device

i think you need to create a folder called notifications and one call ringtones and then put tones in the respective folders
    that should help
    and if not someone will be quick to correct me as i am learning the ways of android myself :p

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You are correct Scott ... but, the folders must be placed on the root of the card. Not within any other folder

5. Bizzare

Bizzare New Member

May 3, 2010
    Thanks both of you i will be sure to try tomorrow its a little late for me and tired. I want to learn the ways of rooting the Hero can any one point me to the right direction?

6. Bizzare

Bizzare New Member

May 3, 2010
    I was able to add notifications and alarm tones. Thanks for the Help, One More question How do I delete unwanted apps. ?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i went to the app market and downloaded 'uninstaller' for quicker app removal
    but you can also do it by doing the following
    -menu
    -settings
    -applications
    -manage applications
    they are all there, but hit menu, filter and hit downloaded
    that will show the ones you installed

good luck!

8. Bizzare

Bizzare New Member

May 3, 2010
    Worked Grate Thanks. Now who can direct me to the direction were I can start rooting my Hero I would like too see if any one has a patch were I can tether My phone and if I can download any streaming video.

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/27/how-to-root-your-htc-hero-in-one-click/

Maybe this link will help ... I didn't bother reading it but, it was posted on a forum I use to get roms for my Droid.
    Take your time to learn all that's needed before you start.
    Good luck to you and your rooting adventure !!! :thumbup:

10. Bizzare

Bizzare New Member

May 3, 2010
    Any body Helpppppp!!!!! I am having trouble viewing my You Tube videos any one know why ?