1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "I Just Got My Droid Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Those of you who pick up the Droid today, chime in here.:dft012:wink

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Will have it in 2 and a half hours!!!!!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Quie

Quie New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I have a scheduled appt at Best Buy at 10 am pacific time to get mine. :dft010:big_smile

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    So we will be getting the phone around technically the same time me a lil sooner ;) told them 12:45 EST

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    appointments?

i just walked in to a best buy and messed with the verizon guys and after i was done he said so can i ring you up?

dont wait...go get that phone!

-Sent from my Q9n

7. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    Well. Did you come out of the store empty handed?

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Mine is on order for VZW online. Given my abundance of phones/contracts, I needed to save a few bucks where I could. Didn't feel like waiting out the rebate. Best Buy reps have given me trouble in the past when they see my company card -- they think I'm reselling phones. Also didn't feel like waiting an hour or so. Didn't have the best experience there purchasing the Storm / Instinct.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i did lol

i loved the OS..the keyboard i messed with wasnt anything to write home about (on the floor model not the activated one) and im not 100% sold on the bricky feel yet.

its my wifes upgrade so i want to make sure she likes it too in case i change phones when the passion comes out...since she wasnt with me :p

-Sent from my Q9n

10. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    I agree. With Chris jumping on the bandwagon to get a Droid, the temptation is there to hit the online order button. I would in a heartbeat if VZW's tethering was available now. Alas, I have to continue looking at my Storm. Makes a good modem, though.

11. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I'm a terrible barometer. I cave pretty easy at the sight of new gadgets. I'm waiting to see Aggie here. He's worse than me and he doesn't own a bunch of smartphone websites.:dft010:big_smile

12. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    Droid's in the house here

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    im proud of myself for being able to hold back :dft011:tounge_out

congrats!

14. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Still plenty of time left today.:dft011:tounge_out

15. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Got mine this morning around 7. Couldnt sleep and went up there at 5 and watched a movie on my iphone 3gs lol. Loving this phone. This is the first phone of very many that i am not saying i like it "but". So far its the perfect phone for me, but its only been hours lol. All the keyboard horror stories...meh i like it. Its better than my Pre and i had gotten used to it. The on screen is better than my Hero and having the Qwerty hardware is better than my 3gs:dft010:big_smile
    Video recording is just as good as the 3gs, don't know why some of the youtube ones looked the way they did. The camera is fine for me. Just as good as My Touch Pro 2 and Htc Magic and Iphone 3gs. When blown up the Hero has more detail IMHO. All in all i am very happy so far.

16. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Talk of the keyboard has me worried. The onscreen on the G1 is poor. I've heard the bigger screen of the Droid improves upon it. Of course, if the keyboard is good, that's not so much of an issue.

I've heard the screen is better than the iPhone 3GS? True?

17. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I had a G1 also, the on screen is no comparison. To me and this is personal but the response is more comparable to the iphone than the G1 but with the word choice i like it better than iphones word correction. The screen resolution wise is better, response wise is just as good. There is some lag when switching home screens and letting the shade down sometimes but not bad. Switching between apps is alot better than the G1,Magic or the Hero. You wont regret buying it. I am on your other sites also:dft010:big_smile I believe this will be your favorite phone unless your a big gamer on the phone then iphone wins still for now

18. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Landscape keyboard is really nice. I have others mention using better keyboard from the app store but i like the stock one better. I also like the stock hardware on just fine. No its not a Touch Pro 2 keyboard but it is more than just functional IMHO. As far as speed and snap dragon and what not. This phone is plenty fast with a good battery life "per reports" havent had it long enough to test myself. I wouldnt want more speed at the cost of battery life. Motorola got this one right from what i can tell so far

19. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I like the multi-tasking of the Pre. iPhone's Apps are just killer.

Gmail is where I manage my email and I do plenty of email. This Gizmodo article on "The iPhone-to-Android Switch: 10 Things You Need to Know" says it's almost worth it for Gmail.

I imagine Google Reader works great on Droid. I use that quite a bit.

Good to hear from someone with an iPhone and G1. Thanks for visiting and taking part in my sites. I appreciate it.

20. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Yes thats what i love/ed about the Pre the cards and flipping them away. I found alot of times i was paranoid and would keep most closed due to battery anyway though, but the times i didnt and needed it, it was great. Yes i actually watched some Batman and Played Doom on my iphone while waiting on Verizon to open lol. Ironic huh lol. Thank you for having such great sites for we enthusiast to participate. My name is different on the iphone its Neo lol. (I was a Matrix addict back when i joined lol)

21. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I am not familiar with google reader ? Gmail works great though as expected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.