1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "I Just Got My Droid Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Yeah i was a big windows mobile fan boy with my original Q and than wanted to upgrade went to the Saga bc it still had windows mobile on it saw this droid and am just giving my bro my saga since I love the droid so much better than winmo just wish it had a slingplayer for my slingbox.

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i bought a toshiba e330 back in 2002 running pocket windows and i've been using windows mobile devices since. i've had a Q, HTC 6800, and an Omnia. this is the first none windows smartphone i've had and i'm solidly hooked. i have succumb to my google overlords. all hail google!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    yeah i alwaya did follow google products between email and google voice and all that jaz so you could say i was a google fan boy as well but now that fan hood has def grown about 1000 times with this OS they need to make a computer with this OS its amazing.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    they already do. i'm pretty sure there's at least one netbook out there with android os. google is also getting ready to release their chrome os. it's a web based linux os that will run google services like docs and gmail and stuff. and any other web app that's available.

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Thats awesome ill have to look deeper into that thanks man :)

Back to people celebrating their first droid :)

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    ABSO-FRAKING-LUTELY! this thing is a dream boat. my girlfriend is a little jealous.

8. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I had a Compaq Aero 2100 running WIndows CE2.1 back around 2000, it was decent but each newer version it seems MS made worse, I tried 6.0/6.1 with the Q but the OS was a pretty big let down. I gave up on windows on my home pc a few years ago when Xp was such a disapointment after windows 2000 so I'm pretty much windows free now.

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i know what you mean. i will say though that the windows mobile version that they are currently working 6.5.1 (not the 6.5 release that just came out) looks promising. it's much more finger friendly and runs very nicely. i had a custom rom on my omnia and it worked great. and i bet WM7 is going to be great, but it's taking them forever and android improvements happen at a blistering pace. it's only been a year and already the 2.0 OS is almost as good as the iphone's. (don't you dare tell anyone i said that.) i will say that windows 7 is incredible! it's what vista should have been and it is a worthy adversary to OSX. on my laptop i have a tri-booting system. Win7 as the default, OSX and Ubuntu Linux 9.04. all running on an HP pavilion DV7 entertainment PC. the only reason i have OSX is because i'm a filmmaker and i sometimes need to use Final Cut pro if i'm editing a project for someone else. i use adobe premiere myself. linux is on the verge of becoming a decent OS and i'm waiting for that or for google chrome OS. but i'll probably always run all three just for flexibility.

10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    If by 2.0 is almost as good as the iphones you mean better than the iphone then I agree. But I've never been impressed with Apple's "ease of use", to me their way of doing things is more annoying, sometimes it seems they do things differently just to be different, even if its not the easiest way for the user to do it.

11. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    Droid showed up about half hour ago. Cant wait to check this thing out!

12. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i just think that with the iphone it just works. you turn it on and no matter what you do it just works. with this phone it get almost the same experience. i say "almost" because twice the facebook app force quit on me and once the market force quite in me. i've had apps from market force quite but they weren't developed by google so i'm not counting those. and while they are minor minor issues, you still don't really have that with iphone apps. don't get me wrong i hate iphones so much i bought a $20 dummy iphone just to wreck it. and at the pace android is going it will be the superior movile os in a year's time and i have no doubt our droid's will be right there for the ride.

rock on man! enjoy! :dft009:smile

13. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    congrats Rob !!! I guess we all know who is not going to get alot of work done today :dft012:wink

14. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Multimedia Station

i just bought the multimedia station before i went to work. it's very cool. one thing that bothers me though is that when it's docked it give you the weather based on your location. why isn't there a built in widget that does the same thing? first and so far only slightly disappointing quirk about the droid.

tomorrow morning i'm going to do my own video review of the droid. i'll post a link wen it's up.

15. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Personally i use Weatherbug application the free one and it always updates the weather via my location and i have a widget on a screen that updates itself, as well as the temp is always updated in the signal bar along the top of the screen.

16. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yeah, i use the weather channel app for all that stuff. i just think it's crappy to have a feature that is ONLY available in the dock.

17. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I started this thread a few days ago (feels much longer), but I just got my DROID today. Going to power it up and have some fun. :dft010:big_smile

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Enjoy dude. You will realize its well worth your wait :dft003:cool and now you have the answers to every question thanks to the forum and its members haha :dft010:big_smile

19. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Congrats !!!
    while everybody else gets to play I gotta wait ... :012:crying ... lol

8 more days

20. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    You dont really need to wait, just do like i did call 611 and complain about how your phone stinks and how you want a new phone right away and they will move your upgrade date i complained about signal issues and losing calls and my upgrade date wasnt til the end of jan 2010 but they gave it to me early, so im sure they will let 8 days slide LMAO.

21. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    hahahaha .... thats what I did. My date was 07/15/10.(and thats the 20 month mark) They said I had to have had atleast 1 year into my contract and thats on 11/15/09. They even made an appointment to call me at noon on the 15th. :dft011:tounge_out

8 more days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.