1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "I Just Got My Droid Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Dang...all you guys make me wanna get the DROID too!
    Only thing I'm hesitant about is the HTC HD2...if only I knew which carrier
    already!

Does anyone else think the 'stock' weather app for the DROID is kinda
    Atari 2600 ish? compared to the Eris?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    my wife went to verizon yesterday to look at the Droid and Imagio (she liked the Droid)

anyways...i asked her to ask the sales rep idiots if i could early upgrade
    they told her that i would have to pay a $20 upgrade fee and would have to pay the full phone price...

wtf is that about!? my 20 month upgrade eligibility is Feb 2010

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    call *611 I never go to the store or buy online. When I wanted the extended battery for my Q9c... I called *611 and got two BT91's with doors for $16.95 each. (it helps to sweet talk them)
    I do have to pay the $20 also ... but I think they meant the full $199 ... I will not get my NE2 credit. My cost will be 219 and so should yours.

8 more days

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Scott just do the 611 number thing tell them your having alot of connectivity issues and keep dropping calls and tell them you need an early upgrade now to get a new phone and that you want the droid, they will give you the upgrade, dunno what the 20 dollars is about i didnt pay anything extra :) and mine was jan 2010
    Trust me no sweet talkin on the phone you gotta be mad when you call i learned from another forum member (no names mentioned lol) but it worked perfectly

6. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    I also paid the $20 upgrade fee. I ended up paying $199 for the Eris, with $100 MIR that I can keep or pay VZW with. This all came about because of an email I received today. I am 8 months into my Storm contract.

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    it's about time!

i really wanted the hd2, but i read a review of it and it totally blows. over powered phone, under featured software, horrible battery life. that sealed the deal for me, i went droid. plus my entire life is built on google.

what stock weather app? there's a stock weather app? the only "stock" weather app i know of is when you plug the droid into the multimedia station.

8. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Heh, my 20 month was back in April, I bought the q9m the day it was released a couple years ago in september. I kept getting text messages telling me I was eleigible for upgrade so I kept responding with "when will you have somehting besides windows mobile". If there had been a decent OS on the q I would have kept it.

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I think the Q was a great phone for its time. I have not had many problems with mine at all. It did require some learning (thanks EQ) to set up and maintain properly. But, I do understand what your saying, the problem lies with microsoft not improving upon it, being really slow to release something new other than just very minor changes to the OS. I really wanted and tried to wait for winmo7 :016:upset. I think they have just dropped the ball because google will now be hard to catch. Plus now that I have the Droid coming, I won't be eligible for a new phone for quite some time like many others. I liked my Q9c so much that it will get shelved not sold. (might need it someday) :022:unsure

6 more days !!!

10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Wasn't that the Q was a bad phone, it was that I had to adjust everything to work with WM. If I wanted to show a picture taken with any other camera I couldn't just copy it over because the WM pic viewer would take severval seconds to size it to the display so I had to resize every single picture (easy enough with a script). If I took pictures with the phone I had to go back and put the data and time in them because it didn't even store that in the exif data, again another script to make it work. Anything else I copied over had to be formatted, pocket excel, pocket word, etc. PDF's were viewable if they didn't have a lot of graphis but were too slow to use.
    With the andriod OS I just copy things over as is, no conversion needed and it speedily displays them.

11. Nanite2Ender

Nanite2Ender New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Just got the droid today. I'm pretty stoked to start playing with it and seeing what I can do. Now to figure out what to do with my old LG Dare. Thoughts?

12. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Find out if it blends :dft010:big_smile

13. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    5 MORE DAYS !!! :dft011:tounge_out

14. dvmweb

dvmweb New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Donate it to Phones for Troops or Women's shelter. I'm giving mine (moto Q) to a friend

We just got a pair of droids last night, loaded some free games and I can't get it away from my 5 year old nephew. Good workout for the battery! I like it too!

Walt MI/USA

15. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    Just got the Droid in the mail. I'm currently playing with it at work. I've made a few calls and played with the features. So far so good!

16. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Posted in 2009! Get over it, nilofar!

17. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    But obvious Google Reader works very well on Droid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.