1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

On & Off program

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I have had a phone - Blackberry with this feature to switch off and on at certain time. Something similar in the market?

Sent from my Desire HD using Everything Android App

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Phone Weaver is awesome, Beta tested and using it now. However, it does so much more than simple "profiles". It is not free.

For a free app that just sets "quiet times", and stuff like that, try "Sound Manager". Used it before, and if I had to pay for Phone Weaver (as much as I love it, I do not have a credit card...), I would go back to this in a New York minute!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Phoneweaver doesnt turn off your phone, just change profiles. I had this same conversation with my brother, this cannot happen on Android. Once the phone is off it wont know to turn back on. The Blackberry's had a hibernate mode, it wasnt off, just sleeping, so it was able to turn back on.

Sorry not going to happen.

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    #5 bberryhill0, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    #6 n99hockey, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  9. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Well,you can't have your cake---. I need something that will completely turn off and on at certain time not profile changes.

Sent from my Desire HD usin Everything Android App

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Well, like I said, you cant have it turn on once a program turns the phone off. Wont happen.

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You could hire someone to do it for you ... Lol ... Jk'ing

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

12. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Yep!that will be a nice idea.Let me see a dollar a day times 11 months will be how much? I normally change a phone every 4th quater.

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    How did the BB do this? Once phone is truly "off", wouldn't you need to manually turn it on for alarms and stuff? BB has the best battery, so my husbands is never turned off...

The Sound Manager app is great for profiles, and Phone Weaver has settings to conserve battery.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The BB had a 'hibernate' mode, never really turned off with that program, unless you physically turned it off. But the hibernate mode allowed it to have something running to turn it back on, but like bberryhill said if you create profiles that has everything off, its basically the samething.

15. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Got it. Thank you!

16. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    Sherri, you are amazing. I love the sound manager app. This is day #2 with my EVO and I was hoping there was a nice profile/sound manager app that would shut off my volume when I was at work and sleeping. Wow, I continue to be impressed. Where has this phone been all my life? And to think I had swore off Android!

17. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Glad you like it! Still loving my Droid. Got Bari the Droid 2!