1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordered my G1 yesterday!!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by RayKinStL, Jan 7, 2009.

1. RayKinStL

RayKinStL New Member

Jan 6, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Waiting for it to arrive. I am also ordering a 16 Gig MicroSD card so I can carry plenty of music and movie files.

Perhaps you gus who already have one can help me though and give me a heads up on things I must buy or do when I get my phone. Any killer apps I need? WHat about accessories? I want to hear what things people love about the G1. Please be specific! I am so excited I can hardly wait :D

2. miro

miro New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I've had mine for less than a week and the apps I use most are the built-in browser, ToggleSettings, and Klaxon (form advanced alarms).
    While you're waiting, go ahead and set up a GMail account if you don't have one already, and get all of your contacts into the address book. The first thing the phone wants when you boot up is your gmail login. If you set up your contacts, calendar etc then 10 seconds after you log in all your data will be at your fingertips (pardon the pun). :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. kronos

kronos New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Congrats. And welcome. I have a feeling that you are going to love the G1. Its a great phone with endless possability. The app store is great and offers a great selection of free apps. A few I recommend are Picsay, snap photo, toggle, and mms save app. These are apps I use all the time. The games are so far are hit and miss. But be patient as the app store will get allot better.

5. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Congrats on the G1 and welcome to everythinggPhone! I personally like Ringtone Extender. Here's a quick FAQ on how to add custom ringtones to your G1.

Of course, PacMan rocks. Best I've played on any mobile device.