1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Otterbox Defender, Commuter, and Impact series cases available today

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by aggieman, Nov 15, 2010.

1. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I've had my X for about 3 weeks now and have been eagerly awaiting Otterbox's release of their cases for the X. Received an email this morning stating that they have all 3 cases in stock and available starting today. Finally can cover up my naked X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Took long enough. But life is good now. Just put in my order for my Defender. Time to celebrate.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Not sure which I want. The commuter I had on my Evo was nice. Had the defender for my iphone and Bold. Love the extra protection of the Defender but with the X already being on the bigger side I might sacrifice a bit of ruggedness for the more convenient size of the commuter.

dgray-when did you drop the BB for Android? Good to see you made the migration from EB to here.

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Got the Defender. Same as I had on the Storm. Figure with my job, better safe than sorry.

Made the jump about 2 months ago. Haven't looked back.

6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I am now in possession of my OtterBox. It's nice, but since the last thing I had in one was my Storm, so now I am trying to press for the click. Have to get used to it again.

7. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Got mine today too. I got the Commuter series. Very nice. Still has a somewhat slim feel. My one complaint is the hard outer shell is quite slick. I can see myself dropping it more frequently. Still a very minor issue and definitely not a deal breaker

8. cjvdh

cjvdh New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I have the otterbox commuter case for the Droid X and I love it. The only downfall that I am having is that sometimes when I put it in my jean pocked since the bottom part where the home/back buttons its like a jel it collects lint but other than that very nice case.

9. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I have been using a Commuter on my Droid. Great cover. I have even found a holster it fits.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

10. cjvdh

cjvdh New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I actually had to take the commuter back it just really wasn't for me I didn't like how the buttons were covered I personally think it made the buttons harder to push plus I like his the buttons light up. Also I keep my phone in my pocket all the time and I hate how lint gets stuck on the case. I just have a screen protector on my droid now.

11. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I'm in the Guard so I need the extra protection. The Commuter does give as much as the Defender, but the covers do serve their purpose. It all depends on how much protection you need.

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I used to put screen protectors on my Q. Never put one on my Eris. I live in the high desert of Central Oregon and work in the dirt/sand/cinders. 11 months and no scratches.

It's really about how often you drop your phone.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

13. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I actually don't think it is any harder to push the buttons through the cover. And it didn't take long for me to get used to not seeing them light up.