1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook email issue

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by workoutninja, Mar 6, 2012.

1. workoutninja

workoutninja New Member

Feb 18, 2012

Sponsored Ad

My company doesn't support Droids on our corporate exchange server. Is there an app that will function like the Google one that will push emails? If so what is the best one to use. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Android uses ActiveSync, so plugging in that information in the email client app should work. If you have trouble or the app isn't working right, I have found that TouchDown works great.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    When you say they don't support them, what does that mean? Are they banned? Like Scott said entering the access information manually should give access.

That is what I did when the OS update for the BB Playbook finally added email. I just entered the server information manually and voila - instant access.

5. workoutninja

workoutninja New Member

Feb 18, 2012
    They are not approved for security reasons. How can you manually enter the information? I open the email client and put in the email and pw and it doesnt work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If you have been told specifically not to access using an Android phone then don't.

If it is just a case they can't be bothered you will need the email address, server address, domain name, username and password to configure an activesync account.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    After putting in the User Name and Password, hit the Manual button, and that is where you can plug in the info.