1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by My-Droid, Jun 16, 2010.

1. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I did not see anything about syncing Outlook with the Droid. This is most annoying. If there is a post that covers this information please direct me to it and accept my apologies.

Thanks in advance.

My-Droid

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Its entirely possible. Just go to your email section on your phone and you have the option of pop server or active sync. :)

Beta

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I meant, my apologies, how to sync my contacts, calender, etc. I would rather not export my contacts and other information to the Google servers. And, I had rather not pay for an app.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    When you hook it up to the pc via usb cable on the device slide the notification bar down and click on sync with pc.

6. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    When I pull the notification bar down I see USB Debugging and USB Connected. I don't have an option to 'sync to pc'.

My denseness hasnt changed since I got my first Q! LOL!

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    hmm i dont have my cable here to check and see...maybe someone can chime in

i no longer sync via PC, its all 'in the cloud' as they say

8. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I'm kinda scared of the 'cloud.' I am a Homeland Security student and I'm afraid of the 'cloud.' (Shouldn't we all be? LOL!) I actually did export my contacts from Outlook into the 'cloud.' However, I need to keep my contacts updated and calender regularly without having to go through those extra steps.

9. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    I use Outlook with an Exchange server. When i set my email up that way i had options to sync contacts. If you are trying to sync directly with pc i am not sure how to do it but can look into it.

10. troutseth

troutseth New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    I am not sure of how to avoid the cloud . . . however if you have embraced the cloud, you can download Google sync for Outlook to keep the calendar in sync.

11. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    If you use Google sync for Outlook and have contacts backed up to cloud, you will be covered. I used to sync contacts with Exchange mail, but when i started changing ROMs all the time it made it much simpler to sync with google. All you do i log into phone and boom contacts restored.

12. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I don't use Exchange.

13. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I have discovered Companionlink's software to sync my Outlook with my Droid. I'm going though the 14 day trial to see if I am going to keep it or not. I'll let you know.

14. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Unless the account is set up as an Exchange account, you can not sync Android to Outlook (or vice versa) without importing contacts to the "cloud".

15. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I appreciate all your help. While the Droid is a good phone, I have several issues with it. I have returned to VZW and exchanged it for a Storm2. Now, I'm back over to being 'My-Berry.'

Thanks.

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats a shame :(
    good luck with the storm

17. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    It didn't work. I'm back with a Droid. Oh well, I'll admit that I'm a phone geek!!

18. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    haha welcome back!

19. barky710

barky710 New Member

Jul 31, 2010