1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Outside the box app promotion ideas...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Chris Wilmot, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Wilmot

Chris Wilmot New Member

Oct 15, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hello,

I'm sure I'm not the only person to experience the difficult game of app promotion especially after you spent all your money on the apps development!

Long story short -- we made a free app for Android called Sideclique that allows users to task various service providers and the users can also promote their own service on the app.
    After spending an arm and a leg on development now comes the tricky part of GETTING THE WORD OUT as much as we can on an extremely tight budget. I'd love to hear from all of you and your strategies and I'd be happy to share my strategies/experiences.

I have a background in marketing and I'm always up to discuss new ways to get the word out there!
    This is what we are doing at the moment...

1) Getting family/friends even strangers to give our app 5-star reviews (even found a site that charges about $1.00 per reviews -- haven't used them yet)

2) Signed up for a free trial with Vocus (helps manage our social media marketing -- up to two free press releases with the trial)

3) Making our rounds on App review sites

4) Contacting various organizations via email that may be interested in the app

Comments, suggestions, new ideas?

My best,

Chris Wilmot

FEATURED GRAPHIC FINAL.png

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Moved to the Android OS Forum. Does not belong in the eA App Support Forum.

Others have been posting promotional questions and app monetization discussions in this Forum so it seemed to fit better.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Chris Wilmot

Chris Wilmot New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Stevetaz,

Thanks and sorry about that, still getting a feel for the forums...

My best,

Chris Wilmot

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    No problem Chris....

6. Android k

Android k New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    You need a very strong marketing Strategy for the promotion of your android apps .You can try the following
    1. Video Marketing:- The video marketing is important tool for internet advertising. We can explain the features of our apps by creating videos. The videos can be placed on various websites to attract the audience. This can serve as great tool for promotion of android apps.

1. Use of Social media:- We can use various social websites such as Face-book, twitter, linked-In, You-tube for promotion of android apps.

1. Publish apps reviews:- You can have reviews in the form of small description about your app,
    ratings of the apps, review date. This will help people know about the android apps.

1. Forums & Blog posting:- We can participate in the forums & blog posting for the marketing of the android apps. It will help to share the information about our apps.

1. Swap banner ads:- You can publish your ad on other website giving same service as you, ask him to place his ad on your website. The banners will help to direct the audience to app stores.

1. Free trails :- Serve some of the features at free of cost. So that the users can analyze the features, ask user to put feedback. This will help to promote your apps .

1. Showcase app in website:- If you existing website for the service you provide then you can showcase the apps there and redirect the users to the main description page of apps.

1. Press Release:- We can share the information about the apps by having press release.

1. Email Marketing:- This can serve as great tool for promotion. We can share our apps information by sending emails to people , groups.Mass email all your users and friend, and encourage them to download the app and give it a high ranking.

1. Advertising outlets:- Advertising is a great idea for any kind of app. Get to know the sites where the website fits to your app category and buy some ad space to promote app .You can even contact few bloggers who are willing to put up ads for your app or even for review it. Popularizing app through advertising promotions is a great way to reach large number of people and get a good user base.

11) Newsletters :- Publishing newsletters for the apps promotion will help in increasing the
    audience for your apps.

12) App directories & article posting :- This can serve as great tool for generating quality traffic
    for the android apps.

7. SMH17

SMH17 New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Really interesting thread. Will be useful a thread with a list of mayor forums and blog to contact for promote the apps to help the developers that haven't yet a big sponsor campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.