1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

PdaNet-tether great app

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Rbolanos01, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Just had to share this awesome app. Tether your phone for internet access! I installed and set up for my laptop, it works great. No rooting required, easy to set up and the speed is great (if you have sprint or an awesome phone like mine with real 4G). One time $20 fee after 14 day trial sure beats a monthly fee from Clear, or any other on -the-go internet provider, not to consider the price for the actual hotspot too.
    Kinda tricky installing drive on computer at first, but its actually really easy if you read the instructions. Two thumbs up.
    Also, after 14 day trial, you can still search the web on sites that don't require passwords, paid version-full access.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Doesnt it still require a USB Connection?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    It does, though there is a widget for that app that has a bluetooth option. I haven't looked into it but I am curious to investigate. I think you may be able to tether using bluetooth. I'm planning on getting one of those tiny BT connections that you plug into the usb and try it out.

5. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohh and one more thing though, there is an advantage to the usb connection over bluetooth. Let's admit this android phones will not go through a whole day of battery abuse, especially if you are tethering through bluetooth. Hook up via usb, and by the time you are done, your phone is charged. Get this, your phone calls still come through while tetherd, but you cand browse and talk at the same time. You can send and receive text messages through your computer. There is a popup mode with that app that is like chatting.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Bluetooth?
    WiFi Tether, no wires needed, no Bluetooth needed.

Your phone calls come in with other none cabled tethering as well, as long as data is not set as the priority on the phone, which it is not by default on ALL devices.

Glad you found something you like.