1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Pdanet?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dragonfly, Nov 2, 2009.

1. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Looking into getting this new droid which releases on friday for verizon network users, does anyone know if the android version of PDAnet will work on the Motorola Droid with Verizon?

Tempting myself away from my ever so loved saga even though i love my optical mouse.

2. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    Here's an answer as best as I can find from the internet:

Tethering will not be offered by VZW at launch, but has not been permanently excluded. Currently there is no 3rd party apps supporting the android 2.0 api's.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
  5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Since they're market the Droid has over 10,000 apps available and there are only 12,000 apps in the Android market, I would assume that at least 10,001 of them work on Android 2.0, if not all of them.

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    So you think its safe to say that the pdanet program would work on the droid from motorola?

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    I would assume that it's going to work until it doesn't. Even if it doesn't I'm sure that someone will develop an app that will work soon after the Droid comes out. Verizon also disabled tethering on the Samsung Omnia, but I can tether mine because there was an application someone made to do it.

8. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Ok cool, i really hope verizon gives me the early update option so that i can get this new phone friday. if it sux ill just return it and go back to my saga :)

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    as long as you sign a new 2 year contract you should at least get the $199 discount. New Every 2 additional discount, however, you have to be at least 20 months through your 24 month contract.

our primary line is eligible for the New Every 2 on November 29, but I can't wait that long. I'm getting it on Friday.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    yeah just called vzw and they gave me an early upgrade you should call and ask for one maybe you can get one too. im so getting this shyt friday cant wait. prob. will go and get it from best buy i heard vzw's around me already have people asking if its cool if they wait outside the doors before they open, best buy is opening normal time and will put your name down for a down payment on the phone so you def have one so thats what im doing (thanks to quie for that info).

11. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    As far as the PDANet for Android app, you could download the trail and test it. I also figure the XDA-Dev community will develop for this platform, so a tether/WiFi tether point app would probably be developed.

12. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    PDAnet does work on the droid!!!!!!! :dft010:big_smile

13. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Yeah, that's the info I had as well.

Gotta question, though. What happens if you just use the trial version after the trial runs out? What does it mean only http access? Does that mean I couldn't use it for checking e-mails while tethered?

14. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Ya dunno wut that means pretty sure it means u can't view ne web pages on the internet on ur computer. I had it on my saga n my q its a program well wrth the price.

15. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    OK, thanks. Did you type this from your Droid?

16. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes I did n am replying now from it to, I love this phone truely is amazing!!!

17. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Maybe I don't understand how pda.net works. My question is I currently pay for VZW tethering. If I decided to get the droid how would I get pda.net to work on my phone since tethering is my only internet access? Can I download it to the droid then get it to the laptop?

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Its not pda.net its called pdanet by a company june fabrics. If u have the data plan u can hook up ur phone to ur computer n get internet on ur computer from the droid. I can help if ne one needs assistance just pm me

19. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I am tempted, I will go look at it tommorow if there are any left. If I do get it I may be asking you for some help. LOL :dft012:wink

20. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Ok bud just let me know. If I were u n u haven't already put all ur contacts into ur gmail account bc the droid auto loads them for u if they r in ur contacts in google its awesome!

21. smokediver

smokediver New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    message From PdaNet

I contacted June Fabrics last week and asked if they would be compatible with the Droid.
    Below is the answer I got.

Hi,

We're working on a version to support it, should be available soon.

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support
    http://www.junefabrics.com