1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Pdanet?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dragonfly, Nov 2, 2009.

1. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I know for a fact pdanet for android works perfectly on the droid. I know because I used it yesterday. Use instructions for g1.

look at this link....
    http://junefabrics.com/android/index.php

Use that works GRRRRREAT :)

2. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    I've used PDA Net in the past with the jail broken iPhone. Worked great except, with the iPhone, battery recharging was not compatible. You could only stay connected as long as the battery held out, despite being plugged into to the computer's USB.

Does this same problem exist with Android?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Dunno will have to check in a few hours I didn't look at that last night.

5. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    That was last week, Dragonfly has it working. Plus look at their site now, the have a new version (beta) that says it is compatable with the Droid.

http://junefabrics.com/android/index.php

good luck

6. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I can verify it does work, dragonfly helped me get it going and I have to say it is about as good as the paid service I have paid verizon for all these years to tether on my Q9c :dft012:wink

7. smokediver

smokediver New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    PdaNet works great, I was able to surf on the laptop and listen to Pandora at the same time.
    Works Perfect!

8. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Glad you guys are getting it working, I love PDAnet been using it for years with my Q and my Saga. its grrrrreat! just watch battery usage :dft002:zombie

9. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Battery usage? Mine is charging while I am surfing? :dft010:big_smile

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Good than im super glad its working that well, on the Q and the Saga it couldnt do both at the same time.

11. Jujube

Jujube New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Yea pdanet is great and all, but I have netbook with hackintosh. I would hate to start vmware just to get internet to work with pdanet. I'm waiting for program like Internet sharing on windows mobile, where I can broadcast internet using Bluetooth, or Wifirouter that I can broadcast internet using Wifi. Hope it comes out soon.

12. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    PDAnet used to have a bluetooth option in it back in the day when i was using it with my Q I also had it installed on my nokia tablet thats how i got internet going on that one.

Just found this one you could try if you would like (you do need root access though for this app)

http://androidactivity.com/

13. Jujube

Jujube New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Wow thanks for the quick reply, so far my friend has android, and I have omnia. If he lets me I will test this out. But if I brick it i bet he'll kill me lol

14. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Not if he has insurance ;) lol. Than just drop it in the toilet or something haha.

15. Jujube

Jujube New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    haha yea. But until they find a way to root droid, it's kind of pointless.
    Since, I use omnia as my main internet access, I will wait until they root it (probably month or two though some are saying it is much tougher than previous android based phones) to get droid phone.

Leave it to Verizon to take something that's meant to be open source, and do everything in its power to limit its functionality.

16. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Good point you gots there.

17. alamoe

alamoe New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    hate to be the bearer of bad news but xda is a htc device-only forum. i've seen ppl ask many times for hacking and modding help with devices made by samsung, motorola, etc. and they always get that response. they're probably gonna be doing things for the droid eris before they do anything for the moto droid. sorry :016:upset

18. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    I beg to differ, sir. I have found some nice stuff over there that works just fine on my Motorola A4500 Napoleon. I have even 'heard' that they were thinking about a 'droid' branch over there as well.

19. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Ditto teddy.

20. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    $5.00 discount

Just a little FYI to whom it may concern.

I sent e-mail to PdaNet...

I am upgrading my Q9c to the new motorola Droid. Will I have to re-purchase for android or can I use my license key from the windows mobile software ? Thank you.

their response was...

Hi,
    The new phone runs a completely different system. As a result PdaNet had to be rewritten and not covered by the upgrade track. I can offer you a $5 off if interested. Just use the following link to purchase:

4 more days !!!