1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Review of G1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by schatzee, Nov 23, 2008.

1. schatzee

schatzee New Member

Nov 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

First of all - I love the look of this phone. Not only does it look smart and sleek, it really hits the mark with the touchscreen functions to compete with the iphone (among others). It seems every one is coming out with a touchscreen (even Blackberry - who would have thought). Typical warning, I suppose, one good bounce and the screen is likely to take a serious hit. From what I understand, that is not covered under warranties so this phone could be costly for someone who is prone to dropping.

I thought the phone was responsive and easy to use. Only problem I see - I hate the way the screen comes out. It is not a flip so much as a latch and it is quite flimsy. It is only held on by that small piece of plastic and I am sure my constant texting may be bad for this little latch. Also, those with big fingers and/or long nails may have some double hits on the keys. No more of a problem for me than with a blackberry though.

Google also hits the spot with the features and creativity IMHO. But for me the risk of the breaking latch and touchscreen breaking just overcame my love of the design and features. I couldn't see myself keeping it so I stuck with my old standby at this point. But someone craving an iphone on T-Mobile might find this hits the spot!!;)

2. princee18

princee18 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I liked everything in this phone but the most anticing quality of this phone is its easy to use features. This is the perfect phone of today.

3. Sponsored Advertisement