1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

phone lagging because it wants to connect to net

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by shwan71, Jul 13, 2014.

1. shwan71

shwan71 New Member

Jul 13, 2014

Sponsored Ad

i have Samsung note 1, and since a month is lagging .. when i play a song or play a game, it pause for a second every 10 seconds .. i noticed though that once i connect to wifi, that stops immediately and the lagging issue is fixed !! tried to uninstall some apps i downloaded recently, stopped google market from updating itslef ... nothing is solving the problem?
    any suggestions?
    thanks

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Certainly sounds like something is doing something in the background using your resources.

How much free memory do you have left?

You said you tried to delete some apps you had installed. Were you successful in doing that? Did you reboot the device after removing those apps? I believe the Note has a removable battery. With the device ON, remove the battery, count to 20 and replace and allow the device to fully reboot.

The other possibility is apps running in the background. Weather apps, FaceBook, Twitter are all notorious for using resources.

Finally, you could be in a very weak signal area and perhaps the phone just can't connect to the network or hold the signal. That actually would make sense and explain why the problem stops when you connect to a WiFi signal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. shwan71

shwan71 New Member

Jul 13, 2014
    cheers mate .. sorry for delay in reply
    yepp uninstalled most of games, nothing changed
    can't be because of signal because am in center London
    tried to remove the battery .. same thing ..
    hmmm didn't uninstall facebook, viber and yahoo mail tbh .. let me try to stop them and see .. give me 5min ..

I stopped all 3 from working from "application manager" .. booom .. is not lagging anymore
    guess that is the problem then .. it is stupid that one of those developers of those 3 app didn't address that
    my phone run smoothly now .. thanks a lot

#3 shwan71, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad to hear you tracked down the issue. If those apps are important to you try installing one and let it run for a few days. If no lag try installing another until you identify the offender....