Phone Restarting

Discussion in 'Samsung Android Phones' started by Alkali, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Alkali

Alkali Member

My dear friends,
    I have just bought Samsung galaxy S3 some days ago and I noticed the phone Restarting on it's own for no apparent reason is this normal? I hate to take it back. I have downloaded the latest upgrade. Please help.
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Everything Android
  2. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Did you download the latest update and then the phone started to restart or did you download the update because it began to restart? Exactly what upgrade did you download? After downloading did it install or did you install the update?

Is it normal for the phone to restart? No

Did you install or update any applications (assuming the update you mentioned was the OS) just before the restarting began?
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Alkali Member

On the day I bought it without installing anything I upgrade the software to 4.0.4 but I did not check the previous software. After that I then installed all my application from the Market, the following day it started to misbehave.
    However yesterday I reboot it to factory default, since about 14 hrs it did not switch off but when I closed any App. It takes some seconds before the Home screen comes back. The Apps on the screen comes back one by one NOT NORMAL. What do I do please. Thanks.
  5. stevetaz

If I understand you are saying that resetting to factory cleared up the restarting issue. However, closing any application causes the home screen (desktop?) to take longer to reappear than you expect it to? The application icons appear on your home screen, but one at a time?

Sorry, don't know what to tell you..... Please verify or correct anything I listed if it is wrong or if I misunderstood.
  6. Alkali

Alkali Member

You have said it exactly the why it is. Thanks very much for your help.
  7. stevetaz

You might want to take the phone to your carrier's store and try out one that is on dosplay to see how fast or slow that is. Keep in mind that display phones get abused pretty quickly and they may not have the updates done that you have, but it may remind you of how it operated before all this happened.
  8. Alkali

Alkali Member

Could anti virus cause the phone to freeze or applications to 're-appear one by one.

9. stevetaz

Anything could cause problems, but it would be due to poorly written code and would generally show up shortly after installing a new app. That is why one of the first questions asked when a user experiences freezing, lags or general bad behavior is if any new apps were installed or if anything was upgraded.

Have you tried pulling the battery with the device on? Remove, count to 30 and replace the battery letting the device restart completely.
  10. stevetaz

Another thought....Are you using an original Theme or possibly a third-party theme?
  11. Alkali

Alkali Member

Thanks, will try and see. Ooriginal theme.
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Anti-virus software?
    Remove that crap from the phone...its always running in the background looking for things that aren't there.
  13. Alkali

Alkali Member

Thanks hockey will do just that.
  14. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

I spoke to Alkali...
    It was a live wallpaper causing problems....

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2
  15. Alkali

Alkali Member

Yes Sherri but as you all have suggested I removed the anti virus, the live wallpaper and the battery for 30sec, it's now good as before. Thanks very much for your never ending help.