1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Phone Storage

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ranjo105, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I notice in the "SD card & phone storage settings" that my internal phone storage is down to 196MB, from 250MB. I have been going along happily adding apps and having fun but should I be keeping my eye on this number ?
    Is it directly related to the number of apps I add ? As it gets lower will performance degrade ? Will I have to delete something at some point to add something new ? Any insight would be appreciated, thank you !

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    performance won't change. I'm down to 86mb free and my droid is still super snappy. I'm an apps whore, 95 apps (not count stock apps). I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. vladimir74

vladimir74 New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    media storage

Hello again. Wife got the phone new and of course i'm still trying to figure out how to work it and then to explain it to her. She was wanting music put on her internal storage memory (the 16gigabyte) How do i go about doing that. First off it wont even acknowledge on my computer as a folder that has memory on it. Do i go through Windows Media? i thought it didnt have that so how do i install media? Please help.:dft002:zombie

Thanks

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Step #1 - Connecting Droid to Computer

After you connect the droid with the usb cable there should be a usb icon in the notification panel on the droid (up where the time, sgnal & battery icons are.) you'll want to pull the notification shade down and tap on the usb message, it will then ask you if you want to mount or cancel. tap "mount". now you're computer should recognize the 16gb memory card as removable storage.

Step #2 - Adding Music

If you're already familiar with windows media player's syncing ability, then i would recommend you use that. that how i do it. windows media player will sync with any removable storage device.

if you don't want to use WMP, then you can just create a folder on the sd card called "music" and then drag and drop media into there. easy peasy.

Step #3 - Wife Rocks Out, You Get Some

When you want to disconnect the droid. safely disconnect the removable drive like you would any usb device, then you can either just unplug the droid, which it will then prepare the sd card to read again, or you tap the usb notification message and then tap "unmount."