1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

PIX Place?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by pantherpics, Dec 11, 2009.

1. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Dec 9, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Anyone know how to upload pictures from the Droid to Verizon's Pix Place? Seems like a silly thing, but I can't seem to figure it out.

JP

2. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I don't know if you can. But more importantly, why would you?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i just use picasa. then i can put them on blog posts, or forum threads and such.

5. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Just got used to it with the old dumb phones that I previously had. Easy to take a pic and select the "send to Pix place" option and know that it was stored if the phone crashed or something.

JP

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Have you bought increased storage from picassa, I put a handful of pictures there then hit the 1G limit.

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    well considering that i have two pics from my droid up there that total 128k, i think i'm safe.

the droid's pics are really small files sizes. plus i resize then in picsay before i upload them so they are small enough to fit in a post.

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I believe every pic sent to pixplace counts as a picture message. You can try to send an e-mail to (your number) xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzwpix.com to see if it saves a copy there. Just a thought.

9. cookiemomster

cookiemomster New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Hi. I use two ways. I use picasa primarily as the previous poster stated. But I also use google back up which gets all my videos, pics, texts, etc. backup is free for about three weeks. I used it for that time and switched to the paid version. Some people had a little trouble, so if you do, feel free to holler. It is odd when you load it and it says idle. That is when you select menu and do a full back up.

10. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    that's pretty cool. is that part of the phone tools app? i have it, but i've only used it once. i couldn't control the screen so i haven't used it again.

i'm surprised that google doesn't have a build in backup app or one you can download like microsoft does. omg! did i just say that microsoft has something logical and functional that google doesn't? i feel gross.

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    myphone.microsoft is a great app for the winmo folk.

I would like to see a mydroid.google app :dft011:tounge_out

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    The motorola media link I posted is not part of the phone tools .apk.

You download it to pc, and connect phone via usb cable. It "syncs" much like the active sync did for the Q. This, however, remains on the pc. I can view my pics from the pc, as well as listen to my songs. Pretty cool device.

(Does not take the place of Dashwire/myIQ, but until they get their stuff together for Android, this will have to do!)