1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Play Store download "paused" error

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Ares, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ares

Ares New Member

Sep 30, 2016

Sponsored Ad

To explain this error as easy as possible, I cannot download or update any app from Play Store because whenever I try to, the download goes into Pause mode wich means it never downloads.
    To describe this in detail, whenever I click download on something it says that the download is paused. Even if I close it, it still shows that it tries to download but it still appears in the task bar, and it won't go unless I force stop download manager.

Now, what I've done to attempt to fix it:
    - The good old clear the cache and date of Play Store and uninstall updates. Same for Google Services and Download Manager.
    - Force stopping Download Manager, Play Store and Google Services.
    - Factory resetting.

So I basically done everything but it didn't fix it. My last resort would be flashing my firmware or sending it into service since it has warranty available.But I want to fix this myself.
    I have posted this issue on androidforums as well as androidcentral, nobody found a fix for me.

Small details that might help fixing this
    - Sometimes I get a "failed to update clock, please check your network error". Is something blocking my internet or something? I doubt it since I can watch Youtube videos streams play online games and download files from the browser just fine. However if something is blocking my clock from updating, then something could also block Play Store. What tho????
    - I sometimes manage to download one app. I randomly download it but it nevers works for 2 apps in a row. Very weird.
    - My phone has a MT6735 and a Mali T-720. It goes under the name of "Allview X2 Soul Lite", just a rebranded chinese phone. It runs Android 5.0.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you tried uninstalling your Google Account ? Delete the account and reinstall.
    Settings --> Accounts --> Google --> Menu --> Remove Account

Reboot the device and reinstall.

Any luck?

3. Sponsored Advertisement