please help me ...I do not understand!!!

Discussion in 'HTC Android Phones' started by bb4needsinfo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

I have Android Lost on my daughters phone, in case it is stolen or lost. I have never read her text messages, but that isn't the issue at hand!

Every other system I have seen needs to have a portion installed on the "target" phone (your child's), so we can count those out. Now, back to the issue of installing this to your phone...

What exactly did they send you when you purchased this? The download links you put there before were for another program. If that is what they sent, this is a scam.

They are supposed to send you a link to the software.
  2. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

No worries! I guess I should change that from my signature, as Chris did away with the "Thank You" buttons. The "like" buttons are fine! (No idea what they do, but I guess it shows appreciation! :p)

Anyway, what did this company send you?
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Please read this (found elsewhere) regarding this software. There are apps to convert the files, but they are not guaranteed to work...I don't know anything about this software company, but if they don't make the software downloadable for the platform they are advertising it works on, I would ask for a refund. (Sort of like someone selling you a clothes dryer made to be used with gas. Machine would have to be retrofitted for this. Better for you just to buy a gas powered machine in the first place!)

From Another Forum (Just Answer)

I am needing to convert .jar files to .apk for a program I purchased and need to install on my phone. However, I cannot change the format. There are also a couple of .tar files, do they get converted as well?

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I can to help answer your questions. [​IMG]

I am going to assume you are trying to convert Cell Control, or a spyware program like it for an Android phone.

Its NOT as easy as just converting it. Cell Control and the other companies have a habit of telling their customers that just to get a sale.

You can't just convert a jar to an apk. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app most likely would have to be re-written to work on android.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file(an apk file is an app installation for Android). The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not.

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device.

Thats your best option to get Cell Control as an apk. But, it's still not guaranteed to work properly. Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it.
  5. bb4needsinfo

bb4needsinfo New Member

Thanks for the info.!! Do u know if it costs anything for them to do this? I should have known it was too good to be true....
  6. bb4needsinfo

bb4needsinfo New Member

I just sent them an email.... Wish me luck!!!!
  7. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  8. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

This really shouldn't be this difficult and maybe that is a clue.

I am curious to know bb4needsinfo, if you want the kids to know you can intercept calls and read mail and texts so they are aware and behave themselves or do you want the ability to do it without them knowing?

Do you pay for their phones? If so they could be told the spyware is a condition of having the devices. In that case loading the application on their device isn't an issue. Doing this without them knowing about it is adding to the difficulty.

On a show I have been watching, Person of Interest, the main characters are shown walking by a target, pressing a button on their phone and then we see "Pairing Complete". Instantly the targets phone can be used to listen in to conversations, texts, mail, etc. Scary stuff and that almost sounds like what Cell Control claims to be.

I don't have an answer for this and I suspect you are doing this with the best intention. I hope it works out that way, but you almost have to expect the worst. What happens if you do intercept a call or text and hear or see what you did not want to, but suspected you might? How do you deal with it without making known you were tapping into private communications? Then any trust is gone, if there was any to begin with.

I don't know the circumstances or ages of those involved, but I do hope you have thought about all the possible ramifications. Please know that I am not making judgements. Just trying to make sure a decision is made with the brain as well as emotion.

Good luck......
  9. bb4needsinfo

bb4needsinfo New Member

Yes ...I pay for every single one of their lines. I have thought deeply about the situation and have thought of how I would respond...but a Momma always finds out btw. And, in the situation that I'm in it's better to find out sooner than later...later may be too late!
    However, I'm probably going to ask for a refund ...as I feel this could be God's way of telling me "Don't for it " and "Everything's gonna be give...have FAITH! ". So I can only Pray about the circumstances....I have awesome kids with great heads on their shoulder's ...
  10. paddysmith

paddysmith New Member

Nice to meet this post,

Thank you for information..