please help yahoo email

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by MOTO MANIAC, Nov 27, 2009.

1. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

What am I doing wrong? I want to add my two yahoo.com email accounts ut I just keep failing at adding them.
    can someone tell me each exact step to adding them please?

2. tj!2k6

Bronze

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

imap.mail.yahoo.com works fine on my Q without Plus. I'm waiting for the day the Droid works as well as my Q9c.

5. tj!2k6

Bronze

Interesting, I was under the impression they didn't support IMAP... but anyway, what you're saying is that the Yahoo IMAP worked on the Q9c, but doesn't work on the Droid? Odd...

6. sherri

Gold

At one point, IMAP on Yahoo was free. Now they made it a pay (plus) services, so if you didn't have it before, that may be part of the problem...

7. gnath9

Silver

Can you just forward yahoo to gmail ? I have all my accounts forwarded to gmail to get pushed to my Droid. Works with hotmail and my cox accounts.

8. sherri

Gold

Unfortunately, you can not forward e-mail from the POP Yahoo accounts. They want you to upgrade to the premium accounts.

POP & Forwarding

Upgrade to Mail Plus so you can: (http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus )

* download your Yahoo! Mail in an email client, such as Outlook
    * forward your Yahoo! Mail to a different address

This is one of Yahoo's suggestions:

As an alternative to configuring Yahoo! Mail POP mail configurations, go to:

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

Enter your phone number and send a link to your phone; the best Yahoo! Mail experience will be suggested to you.

9. tj!2k6

Bronze

The easiest thing is probably to sign up for a Gmail account and send an email to all your Yahoo contacts notifying them of the address change...

:dft011:tounge_out

10. bberryhill0

Silver

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I am waiting to buy a Droid until it works as well as my Q9c. On the Q9c you just tell it to setup a new email account on Yahoo and it finds the settings automagically. I've only been using it for a couple months. Someone on EWM corrected us all when we said that Yahoo Mail doesn't support IMAP. I tried it. It worked.

11. dvmweb

dvmweb New Member

I agree

There is an automatic thing on gmail to do this.

I've "begun" to quit using yahoo for email and going over to gmail. Mainly because it works so much better on my droid.
    Walt MI/USA

12. dragonfly

Bronze

Gmail is 1000 times better over all not just on the droid but that doesnt hurt either thats for sure :dft003:cool

13. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Just an update for everyone. I bought my phone on 12/7/09 and the next day went through all the hassle of trying to get it to download my yahoo email (free account). Finally got it to work that day by following the info posted on this forum and others.

The next day 12/9/09 it stopped working and was again giving the wrong user name or password error. I tried messing with it a few times, but never got it to work again.

Today, 12/11/09, I woke to find my phone asking to install the 2.0.1 update. I had no other notifications (email, gmail, or messages) at that time. I installed the update and the phone restarted, within minutes I was receiving all my Yahoo email from 2 different accounts. It has continued to update that email throughout the day so far.

Fingers crossed that the update fixed the issue with yahoo email accounts!!

JP

14. daddyd302

daddyd302 New Member

I used this video to set up my account. One thing is, do not use wi fi when you're doing this or it won't work. I had to turn mine off to get it to work.

http://phandroid.com/2009/11/09/motorola-droid-yahoo-email/

15. TheMadJester

Bronze

you know what's weird is that my gmail checks my yahoo mail through a pop account and i've never had to pay for anything. i've had it set up that way for over a year.

UPDATE: it turns out that i've had my yahoo email account for so long that i was grandfathered in to having free pop access and forwarding.

16. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Well the update still is having issues with yahoo emails. It worked fine again for about a day, then was gone for 2 days, came back for a while yesterday and is gone again today. Oh well.

JP

17. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Here is another update on the yahoo email. I decided to just leave it setup on the droid. Must have gone several days with no updates, then it started updating one day out of the blue. I can't say that it is updating every 30 minutes like I have it set, but I am now receiving updates daily and have been for a week or so.

JP

18. toosmoove

toosmoove New Member

Has anyone experienced their messages in their Sent folder (in Yahoo) duplicating by the thousands (if not checked daily for the duplication)?