1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Poor battery charge , battery problems

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by brittyy101, Jan 28, 2012.

1. brittyy101

brittyy101 New Member

Jan 28, 2012

Sponsored Ad

So I've had my HTC phone for just about a year, and lately for the past couple of months my battery isn't holding the charge, nor is it charging. My phone randomly shuts off while charging , and on the charger. It automatically turns off as well. And I sometimes get a message saying "ac adapter cannot get enough current, please switch adapters" .. I was wondering if anyone else is having these problems and what can I do to fix it.. been readdin up on it I could have an overheating problem , but something is wrong with my battery, and it holding the charge and fully charging .. please help.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You could always try a new battery, head to your carriers store and see if they can test out a new battery.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I second Scott's suggestion. Sounds like a new battery is in order.

Do you allow the battery to run down below 20% often? LiIon batterys don't like that and it can actually damage them and shorten their life. They like to be kept topped off so when you are near a power source try to keep it plugged in.

Also, stay away from cheap eBay knock-off batteries and stick with OEM versions.

5. brittyy101

brittyy101 New Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Yes I do, just cause it doesn't charge or I can never get it charged well it is on... Or if I have it plugged in charging it takes the battery life away til it is completely dead and than charges ... I'll head down to a store too see what's wrong. But I'm also thinking its the inside of my phone where the charger connects, or has something to do with the current . Still having problems but not so bad since I posted this thread. Thanks guys

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Everything Android