1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Poor call quality..anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gwhzz35, Dec 1, 2009.

1. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I'm so disappointed in the Droid...I love this damn phone but I keep getting complaints from people I talk to telling me I sound muffled...I notice I'm also getting weird static feedback while making calls...eh!

I even tried the 'fix' to switch the phone codec over to EVRC-B...didn't do anything. Tried #228 for a re-program...didn't do anything either.

I'm contemplating whether exchanging it for another one will fix it?

Anyone else having this issue too?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Nope... Mine sounds perfect from both ends even on speaker phone while in the car dock. I would take it back for another. Its such a great device !!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    I would even say that call quality is better than my last few smart phones (omnia, i760)

5. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    It is a known glitch in some devices from what I've read/heard. What you can try is turn speakerphone on and turn it back off right away. I'm talking click it both directions as fast as you can. After doing so try power the phone off and back on and see if it is any better. If not then I'd for sure take it back for replacement.

6. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    No problems here. The only time I have call problems are when I'm home where I have poor signal anyway. I happen to live next to a giant magnetic mountain. It screws with all sorts of radio signals and compasses.

7. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Nope no quality issues on my droid.

8. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    No complaints on my end, nor from other parties... if you're getting some kind of feedback, there may be an issue with your phone.

9. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    hmm...ok thanks guys for all the feedback.
    I may just stop by the VZW store for an exchange then...wish me luck!

I hope I don't get one with some other kind of problem...so much for
    my invisible shield!

10. occfan

occfan New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    i`ve gotten 2 complaints of an echo from the person im talking too, but that was only twice. i think it had more to do with there phones (both lg) because everyone else says they think im on a landline when im using my plantronics pro headset !!

11. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    if the device is defective then in the very least request that they give you a free screen protector or threaten to return the phone all together. they'll do it.

12. occfan

occfan New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    just have verizon print you out an exchange ticket and contact zagg they will send you new one !

13. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    very cool very cool...thank you guys for the input/suggestions..as always! :dft009:smile

14. summit

summit New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    mine whistles.... just audible on my end

15. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I did have a problem. For some reason sometimes when making or receiving a call I would hear NOTHING. No static no noise no voice nothing. I used my task manager app to see what was running. I had some voice recorder app running. I uninstalled the app and haven't had a problem since.