PopupuiReceiver.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Graeme Taylor, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Graeme Taylor

Graeme Taylor New Member

Hi folks.
    I have recently acquired an app called 'PopupuiReceiver' which: runs constantly on my Galaxy S4, won't let my phone sleep, drains the battery, comes back within seconds after I've stopped it in 'active applications', and, although it shows up in 'app killer' (and no other app killing app I've tried), won't allow me to send it into oblivion. Could anyone please tell me: what it is, how I might have acquired it, and, most importantly, how do I dump it?
    Thanks in advance for any advice proffered.
    Graeme Taylor.
    Hove, UK.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

How did you 'acquire' it?
    Did you install it? What did you install recently?
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Not sure how you acquired it. I thought it was part of the Android OS. I also feel like this was recently addressed in a different thread, but I can't locate it.

Looking at this Google APK list it doesn't explain what it does, but I would guess the name is a clue and has something to do with pop ups the OS throws. According to this APK list it should not be deleted:
    Titanium Backup name Package name APK name Remove

PopupuiReceiver com.sec.android.app.popupuireceiver PopupuiReceiver.apk No

Why do you think it is killing the battery? Did you try clearing the cache and the data from it? If you have a removable battery try taking it out, count to 20 and replace the battery allowing it time to fully reboot and see if it clears up.

Have you been getting numerous notices about an OS or app upgrade being available or notices about service interruptions or the like?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  5. Paul Rayer

Paul Rayer New Member

I have removed it successfully.
    settings->applicationmanager->downloaded->adservices
    remove the above application, switch off the handset and start again.
  6. bonehedd

bonehedd New Member

I had the same problem after downloaded a 'mirror' app onto my Samsung. Went to settings>application manager and deleted the latest download (mirror). Then found one I didn't recognize, "ad dongle", and deleted that. Turned off handset and turned it on ... problem was removed.
  7. durvesh

durvesh New Member

I could successfully remove popupuireceiver by uninstalling sudoku from genina
    Today I reinstalled sudoku but popupuireceiver not started again.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  8. Jeka

Jeka New Member

As a developer of this app, I have Sudoku on all my devices and have never seen popupuireceiver you are referring to. In addition, I know for a fact that Sudoku does not install anything outside of itself. So, your claims are simply inaccurate. Finally, I just searched online and found information that leads me to believe this is a Samsung service.

Respectfully,

Jeka
  9. pauls67

pauls67 New Member

I'm excited to share that I figured out which app installed popupuireceiver. SHAZAM. I deleted shazam and the app is gone.