Portable Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Android Phones' started by Alkali, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Alkali

Alkali Member

My friends,
    I am having problem with the portable Wifi.
    I enable it but my iPhone 4 cannot connect. We can see the sign on top of the Sgs 3 screen but the iPhone just cannot connect though I ON the iPhone WiFi. Please help.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Member

Does your iPhone see the network at all? Is your phone plan provisioned for the mobile hotspot? Does it work on other devices?

Sent from my DROID4 using Everything Android
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Alkali Member

Yes the iPhone sees ANDROID AP but when I click to join I see " UNABLE TO JOIN ANDROID AP so does not ask for password , the plan is provisioned for that. My MacBook sees it and I can browse.
  5. What are you trying to connect to? Is it to the network provider? or other devices?
  6. Alkali

Alkali Member

My iPhone 4 to the Android thru WiFi.
  7. Do the following
    check their compatibility
    Read the instruction manual of each one
    Google it

I will be expecting your outcome
  8. Alkali

Alkali Member

Why do I need to check that? IPhone 4 and Sgs 3 cannot connect over WiFi, it's a surprise!
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Member

Try setting it up as an open network with no security just once to see if the iPhone will connect. If it helps you feel better I hear that naming the network "free virus" discourages people from connecting

10. Alkali

Alkali Member

Thanks but how do I do that?
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Member

If you're using the default app, go into settings and then configure hotspot. Set the connection up without a password

12. In technology, you don't assume something MUST work until you verify it. Therefore, do not say you don't need to check their compatibility. Even if checking of their compatibility is not okay by you, go to other suggestions
  13. Alkali

Alkali Member

Agreed but how do I do that, I mean check their compatibility ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Everything Android
  14. Erick Kincaid

Erick Kincaid Member

check your WiFi router is working properly... did you tested that router with other devices?
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Please read the thread, there is no talk of a router. It is connecting an iPhone over a hot spot created by an Android Phone....come on.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Alkali

Alkali Member

Thanks very much but in case he meant with other devices yes I can my MacBook to the android.