1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Post here if you've pre-ordered the T-Mobile G1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by johnnydangerously, Sep 23, 2008.

1. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006

Sponsored Ad

It should be available soon for pre-order. Have you pre-ordered? If so, post here and we'll see who is first to receive their G1.

2. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    I heard shipping begins on October 13 in the USA. I wonder how many would actually jump at the very first and nascent version of the mighty gPhone!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. MartinMtz702

MartinMtz702 Guest

I pre-ordered mine day pre-orders started.
    They should arrive the 22nd.

I also ordered a 8Gb microSDHC card. It was said that was the highest capacity card it would recognize until firmware update, but then a rep was quoted saying from current firmware it can recognize a 16Gb card.

5. kalva2410

kalva2410 New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    First of all this s my first post..Just joined today..Anyhow i pre-ordered the tmobile g1...I`m currently using the tmobile wing...

6. MartinMtz702

MartinMtz702 Guest

You would think that since Tmo members would be so keen to upgrade to the phone and given the past history (length of time with Tmo) + a 2yr extension that they would offer those upgrading the $179 price as opposed to the $299.

Especially ME with 4 phones in my plan, and upgrading them every 6months.
    Alone I have a Sidekick Slide, Sidekick LX, Blackberry, Curve & a Wing for my family members. S**t... I should get it free cuz of all the phone upgrades every 6months. LOL

7. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    You should, but unfortunately, T-Mobile, or any other wireless provider, won't see it like that.

8. imported_mark

imported_mark New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    G1

I pre-ordered the G1...I am looking forward to getting it. I'll post my own review here as we compare notes. I'll be ordering the 8GB uSD-card, but can we get verification of the 16GB capabilities? The larger means I could replace my iPod; will the G1 have headphones for listening to music?

Mark

9. implosive_disgorgence

Oct 7, 2008
    i pre-ordred my g1 on oct 3rd. the cut off for the oct 22nd shipping was oct 3rd at 5:30 i think, and via a t-mobile rep they dont know whether ill be a part of the oct 22nd shipment or nov 10th, since my order went through at 5:36 lol. kind of a bummer :( hoping for the earlier shipment obviously.

coming from an iphone, i can't wait to get my g1. open-source is going to give me so many possibilites, unlike the iphone which just said "i can do a lot of things, but ill never let you do them"

10. freddyv43

freddyv43 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    i preordered mine and i have to be honest, the wait is KILLING me. it's like waiting for christmas when you're a kid. :D

11. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Yep

Ordered one as well. They told me I could start checking the UPS website for ordering information starting the 15th. I need to get mine rerouted to my office. UPS is horrible at delivering to my home.

12. Chris888

Chris888 New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I pre-ordered on October 7th or 8th and cannot expect shipment until November 10th according to my pre-order notification. I go on vacation the 26th of October to the BlueRidge mountain area of North Carolina and was hoping I could at least get phone coverage there but I guess not. My Treo 680 does not get any many bars there but my husbands Treo 600 did get one or two bars in some areas. i REALLLLLY want my new G1!!

13. G1 Fanatic

G1 Fanatic New Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Ordered mine on the Sept 28th, should be here be the 22nd hopefully

14. kalva2410

kalva2410 New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    too funny freddy::::: I couldn`t agree with you more...I`m also trying like hell to be patient.