Posting Reply Issue...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by stevetaz, Apr 16, 2012.

1. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Chris:

Just started to see one of those ugly error boxes when trying to reply to a post this afternoon. I tried posting in two or three different forums and the result is the same. I am hoping this post will actually work. Here is the text from the error message box:
    The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

I was posting replies earlier today without trouble. Can you help a brother out or have I annoyed the eA gods?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Have not seen that yet...
    Will mention it to Chris
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Just posted in two other forums with no trouble, went back to that one and this time got a Timed Out-Try Again error. Waited a few minutes and tried again and the posting was taking awhile. Started to cancel it, saw the Timed Out error again, but suddenly the posting appeared.....Very strange....
  5. n99hockey

What thread was it?
  6. stevetaz

One of EQBob's, of course.....

Just posted there again and it was a normal post with no delay or spinning hourglass kind of delay.
  7. n99hockey

Odd, site hiccup perhaps...
  8. stevetaz

Agreed. I ran into a similar issue over at eB, but that went on for weeks and Chris did have to do something. Similar in that it was an error box, different error though....