1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Ordered..

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Apr 18, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I have gone to Best Buy (2 actually, since the first one wasnt sure if they could let me order it today) and have pre-ordered my Incredible...

I cant wait:dft010:big_smile:dft010:big_smile

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I will be looking for a report on the screen usability outside.

I'm sitting in the sun with my Eris right now.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Congratulations !!! :thumbup:

And welcome to the wonderful world of android. You are in for a really big treat. :dft012:wink

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    will do
    that is one thing i am curious about too

thanks buddy

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    good for you! I still have to wait till tomorrow but its no big deal.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thanks
    i hope you will be able to get it

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Ive got the verizon Customer Service rep calling me tomorrow to make sure I order it correctly lol. yaayy for the handholdings!

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    that answers my twitter question
    great news buddy
    way to PWN verizon :dft011:tounge_out

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    if it wernt for gnath id still be hatin on you for getting it before me! good work gary way to be the devil on my shoulder :p

and the incredible is my angel on my shoulder haha

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    haha i still might get it first, you have to wait for it to get shipped to you :dft011:tounge_out
    mwahahahahahaha

12. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    It's going to be similar to the Nexus One. A drawback, but a matter of the positives outweighing the negatives when it comes to the Incredible.

From Engadget...

Another somewhat major issue that we struggled with on the Incredible (just as we did on the Nexus One) was the awful screen visibility in bright daylight. We had numerous occasions where we simply could not answer a call or take a picture due to the AMOLED display's poor showing outdoors. In overcast settings (such as the one above) it was usually bearable, and If you crank the brightness all the way up on sunnier days you can get some visibility, though once you're outside and can't see the display, that's a bit of a challenge.

Scott, congrats on the new phone. I think all in all, you're going to love it. Early reports say it's better than the Nexus One, which is lofty praise.

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thanks
    that was one thing i was afraid of, all the horrible screen reviews outside, and one thing i was hoping to use it for was a golf GPS!!
    i guess we will see how well that goes...

14. howler9443

howler9443 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Pre-ordered mine from Verizonwireless.com today. Needed to update this old LG Envy. Been really excited about this phone for a while now, as I am sure everyone else was too.

:dft003:cool

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats great!
    welcome to eA!!

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    4 more days!!!!!

17. howler9443

howler9443 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    YAY! Received my notification that my Incredible has shipped and is scheduled to arrive on the 28th. I bet it still wont make it until the 29th, but thats ok. Its on its way! :dft003:cool

18. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Wow, maybe it'll show up early.

19. howler9443

howler9443 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    @Christopher Yeah, that would be pretty sweet. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I've got the Android SDK all setup on my linux lappy and I'm ready to roll. I do need to do some research on the Sense UI and how that will impact any droid apps I write.

20. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    congrats!!!

--3 days--

21. howler9443

howler9443 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    According to FedEx its on the truck and out for delivery! Woot! Its Christmas in April!