1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Predictive Text While Typing....Ugh!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Aug 29, 2013.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Well, after some time of being completely annoyed by the predictive text feature while typing texts to my daughter I have finally gotten annoyed enough to spend time looking for a way to turn it off..

Seems my fingers may just be too fat. I was forever having to correct anything typed using the top line of the Qwerty keyboard as it was too close to the helpful suggestions being made. I kept hitting them even though I thought I was pressing a letter key. I would have to stop, proofread and make edits to all kinds of weird words input into my scintillating texts before sending because I was too close to the edge I guess.

This was really becoming a major annoyance because there was almost no text that I didn't have to correct.

Then I started to try and figure out how to turn that "feature" off. Holy crap! Two days of trying to find it and I was actually about to post here asking members for help, but I finally stumbled across it.....Menu > System Settings > Language and Input > Samsung Keyboard > Settings icon > Predictive Text > OFF

So much for me and technology.....<sigh>

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What happens if you used the translate from speaking feature. I fund mine on he Nexus to be pretty freaking decent. Not going to get it right when I've got Pink blaring from XM1, but in a decent noise environment, not too shabby.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Being an old fart I have not used the voice feature. I take that back, I did try it when I got the device, but I just can't bring myself to talk into a phone to send a message.

Guess I have technophobia......Or is that fear of movies in color?

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    LOL....Didn't you say in another thread you do corporate IT security...??

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I believe I said I do Corporate Security. I touch on IT security, but the IT department really gets in the trenches with IT security.

Regardless it still doesn't preclude me from having technophobia....

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ah. Sorry. My bad. So, just curious.... You do stuff more along physical security, perimeter protection and observations? Protective forces? Do you get into active stops at perimeters through fences or bollards? Internal checkpoint monitoring?

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Internal investigations, interrogations, physical security, etc. I am director of security for a chain of 50 retail stores in 13 states. We also have a dot com facility and a manufacturing division with distribution branches around the world.

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Sounds like very interesting work!

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    That it is my friend....Some call it the dark side, but I enjoy it.

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    That's kewl. Always good to enjoy your work. I do mine as well. Every day is something different. I literally can have a different situation to deal with every day.