1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Printing to an HP printer?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jan 18, 2014.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Ok. So I have an HP color laserjet 200 (wonderful printer by the way). The HP AirPrint is wonderful. I've heard that android also has a wireless printing capability but I see conflicting information on how and what to do to get it enabled. Does anyone know the straight scoop of hat to do? Phones are currently on 4.3.

I see some things about downloading an app or driver but I don't see what that is. I can't seem to find the right support page at HP to tell me either. Do I have to update printer firmware?

Any help appreciated....

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Just got that printer for Christmas. You are right, it is a nice printer. You need to download the HP eprint app. It is available from Google play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Everything Android mobile app

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok. I'll take a look, thanks. Does it work with current Android or only KitKat? Is there setup on the printer?

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Running it on jelly bean. Works fine. The setup you need in on the phone. You will need the password from your printer to input when you do the setup.

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    My printer has a password????

7. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Yes. On the printers control panel, go into the wireless menu>wireless direct settings>view passphrase.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ok. Installed. Got activation code from hp. Printed from camera files and web from within app. I take it you can't print natively from chrome or something like that? Didn't see any menu option in chrome for printing....

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Mine didn't ask that,,,just the activation code from hp

10. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Don't know, haven't attempted it yet.

11. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    How to give print with an android device? I want to know that is there any app that could print via Wifi or Bluetooth.