1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

problem downloading atatchments from email

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Rbolanos01, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Just started with this problem about two weeks ago. Only when I use the default Gmail icon, when I open an email with an attatchment, I click to preview it, it says its retrieving message and then just gives me note that sd card is req'd for dowloading attatchments. I currently have a 16G card and is about 60% avail. If I try dowloading attatchments by logging in to my email online I have no issues. Also, I can't dowload anything from my market.
    Called sprint and they could do anything. They gave me the # for samsung tech support and they couldn't do anything either. All they can say is to do a hard reset. Tired of doing that. Only consider as last resort.
    Btw- I have a samsung epic. Have it since december and had no issues before.

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    You could try clearing the cache on those programs. Menu>Settings> Applications>scroll down to the app and tap it> Clear Cache.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    hi, thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing that and didn't seem to do the job. My gmail icon is default and doesn't show up on my apps list. I cleared the cache from the market but I still can't dowload. Thank you though.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Everything Android App

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    If gmail is default, go into settings. Scroll to gmail, and tap "clear data". Since it syncs to Google's servers, give it a few minutes and all will redownload. See if this helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    problem downloading attatchments from gmail

thanks for the info. Looked under both my general settings and gmail settings and I don't have an option to clear data. I tried to see if I could delete my gmail account from the phone and reinstalling it but I didn't have that option either. I have a default battery monitor that kills running apps and also gives me the option to delete/uninstall apps but gmail is nowhere to be found.

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Are you finding gmail at all? From main screen, tap settings. Then "applications" "all".....gmail should be there....

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    You also may try going into the market to make sure you have the latest gmail updates...

9. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    No. Not there.
    Menu>settings>applications>manage applications>list view. No gmail icon

10. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I went on market to search for gmail and couldn't fing anything. I tried it with my wife's phone (evo) on the market and gmail app did come up and was listed as being installed. Tried it with my phone and could find it at all.
    Even from her menu>settings>applications she does have the option of viewing "all apps" and shows gmail while mine doesn't.

11. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  12. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    You know, I've read about rooting phones before. What are the benefits/reasons to do it?

13. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    You may be able to install a custom ROM that works properly. Due diligence is required.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

14. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Isn't it easier to post the apk for gmail? Let him install that first....safer than rooting.....I know how to send apk via email, so if you want it, let me know. Do not know how to post it...

15. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    In a way it sounds like rooting and installing a custom "ROM" is a little much of what I can do. I can get around but not sure if i'd be able to go far with it. I was actually able to download this "everything android app" through the internet, not the market and its working fine. I also thought that maybe I needed a software update of my phone but I guess I'm on the lastest.

16. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I think the apk for gmail is the route to go...Also, have you tried just rebooting the phone?

17. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    The list of benefits is too long to post.
    Lots of info out there on doing it but, do your home work as rooting is not for everybody.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

18. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Any specific sites or places to look on checking out those benefits of rooting?

19. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Sherri, would you mind sending me that apk? I'd like to give it a shot.

20. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I need a gmail address. I have apk, but no idea how to upload it. I can send via gmail/email. Pm me address.

21. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    So I tried looking into rooting as well and still wasn't convinced I knew everything about it. Ended up going back to sprint and doing a hard reset. Just hate the fact that nobody seems to be smart enough to just fix it without reseting your phone everytime. But anyway it did the job. I can view attatchments from my gmail now and can download from market. I appretiate everyones help here. Thanks