1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Contacts file being 17mb in my 150mb internal memory android

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by lennel, Apr 30, 2012.

?

If I post a poll, does it appear consecutively with this post in the same thread?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You are joking!?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lennel

lennel New Member

Apr 30, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hi,

firstly I'd like to thank EverythingAndroid for their hassle-free registration. For newbies like me, the dastardly captcha of the other android forums stymie even a native english user like me.

Secondly, i'd like to mention that I own an Android 2.2.2 version phone. It has 150mb internal and a mini sd card slot. For the past three months, i have been forced to subsist on not more than 10 SMSes in my messages, and only Badoo (10.83mb), Draw Free (11.61mb), Gmail (3.46mb), Google Play Store (7.11MB), Maps (10.29mb) and Street View (576kb) and Whatsapp (9.83mb) in my list of downloaded apps. But even so, it says LOW ON SPACE (Phone storage space is getting low)

I wonder why, because the junk apps that come with the phone from Malaysia don't take up more than 15mb.

1. Is it possible to root a 2.2.2 version Android phone and delete the files?

2. Why is it that despite having only less than 30 contacts in my hp, my contact address book size is 17mb? It's just hp numbers, none of the other fields are filled up.

3. Are there any threads from this forum or other forum you would like me to refer to? I really really really need your help urgently. I have put notifications on this thread to my email.

Nellie

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Hi, Nellie. Which phone do you currently have? Do you have and sd card in it? (You mentioned a slot, but no card...)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. lennel

lennel New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Thank you Sherri, for reading my post. It does have an mini sd card, but i don't think it works very well, because whenever the battery runs out, the apps stored in the sd card have to be reinstalled again. As for the phone,.. the brand is CSL... I don't think you would have heard of it. Hence I can't seek help in established phone threads. If you google CSL, you will come up with links in HK, Malaysia and Indonesia.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    lennel, do you know what the specs are for your CSL phone? How much on-board memory does it have? Hard to really know anything without knowing what the memory limits are. From what I can tell these CSL phones appear to be low end, low cost devices, but they may have some updated ones. I did see one released in 2011, but the internal memory was only 512mb, not very much in this day and age.

The apps on a card having to be reinstalled after a battery runs out is kind of odd and may indicate a defective device.

Can you tell us the model? Like CI300, CI350, CI700, etc? Odd as the csl.my website is not even available....Under Construction.

6. lennel

lennel New Member

Apr 30, 2012
  7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    It wasn't necessary to post the brochure. Very clear that phone is a very basic, entry level phone with extremely limited memory. Your other thread indicates you are looking to replace this one with a more mainstream model with much better memory.

I am guessing you could root this phone, but the question might be why? It is still very limited in what it offers.

8. lennel

lennel New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    i have 3 post-paid plans, hence, i need 3 phones or 2 dual-sim card phones and one heavy duty phone.