1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Kies

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Beautifultwisted_disaster, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Beautifultwisted_disaster

May 18, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I have Tmobile Samsung GSII. I attempted the new ICS update. I downloaded the Kies 2.3 version software to my desktop as requested. After using USB debugging,as require, I get an error message stating my device is not supported by Kies 2.0. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the 2.3 version via a link provided by a support staff, only to receive the same error. Help ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Did you change anything in the phone, custom ROM, rooted, etc?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Beautifultwisted_disaster

May 18, 2012
    No I haven't. I don't know what's going on.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Only thing I can think of now is to look for a different version number of Kies to load to see if the current one doen't like your device.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I have also read that perhaps you could try a different PC, which mightsolve the issue too

7. Beautifultwisted_disaster

May 18, 2012
    Thank you guys for your help. I hate to sound stupid, but, where would I find a different version. I've looked all over Samsung

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You need to define the 2.3 version you have better. 2.3.1.1.XXX or 2.3.2.12054, etc....

Here is one older version, but still 2.3 from 2012.....2.3.1.12044

Really not sure what will and will not work as I am not a Keis user. You mentioned earlier you had been given a link by support. Have you gone back to them to say it didn't work and ask for the next step?

9. Beautifultwisted_disaster

May 18, 2012
    Yes, I informed them of the malfunction. Fortunately, T-Mobile pushed the update to my phone this morning. I assume it worked. Thank you very much for all your advice and help !!

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad TMo was able to get you fixed up. Was this an upgrade to ICS from GB or was this an incremental ICS update to fix bugs and twaeks? I would expect you will be able to tell quickly if the pushed update was to a new OS.

Let us know if it did work and if the update was actually worth all the effort you had to put in.

Again, good to hear a service provider was actually able to help one of their customers. So many users seem to have nothing but problems with support and nothing nice to say about the providers.

11. Beautifultwisted_disaster

May 18, 2012
    Yes, it was the ICS upgrade. It had just finished installing less than 15 minutes when I replied this morning. I rebooted my phone and noticed the upgrade immediately. I got my phone 2/14/2012. I've been very careful to keep my hardware,etc clean. I use antivirus and research before I download anything. If I am unsure of a situation, I go to mytmobile.com and live chat before I touch my phone. I haven't changed anything major. Long story short, my phone works great. Fast and reliable, no bugs. It's my understanding that my care for my phone is why I haven't had issues. I recommend !! Thanks again for all of your help. It's been pleasure.

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am glad you are rockin' the update and enjoying the experience.

Please come by and visit to post at least occasionally......

13. dhanaiahk

dhanaiahk Guest

I too face issues with Kies for upgrading my S2 with ICS. After lots of trials i was able to do that with different laptop and different OS. Not sure why Kies do not work consistently :(

14. ckong

ckong New Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I tried running the Kies as Administrator... it seemed to solve the problem...

15. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    Did you contact the Support Department of Kies? Might be possible that they will help you in this case.