1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

problem with my G1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by okstz, Jan 29, 2009.

1. okstz

okstz New Member

Jan 29, 2009

Sponsored Ad

hi everyone,

I bought an unlock htc G1, but I've a problem.
    When I turn it on and put my pin code there is a message which says: unlocking sim card. Then there is the green android which I touch to go further. after that there is a message which say i need to sign in with my gmail account to set up my G1. then i push on the next button and finally on the sign in button because I already have a gmail account. after write down my username and my password i touch sign in button but after a while it says that there is a problem communicating with the google servers. Is there anything I can do to passed through that? Because right now I can't use my phone and it's embarrasing.

Thanks a lot

2. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    do you have the right APN settings programmed in ?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. okstz

okstz New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I don't know. I mean when I click on menu there is apn settings and when I go to that there is like 10 different t-monile APN settings but I don't have a T-mobile sim card I've a belgian sim card and it's called proximus. I don't know if there is something I can do... It's really anoying because I can't use my new phone!

5. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Oh ok well thats your problem you need to find the settings for your provider. If it were at&t i could help you but i dont know the ones for you. Might want to try xda-developers.com i am sure they can give you the settings