1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with video text messages, please help

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ShortyJ13, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ShortyJ13

ShortyJ13 New Member

Nov 16, 2009

Sponsored Ad

First of all, I LOVE MY DROID !!!

Now here is my only problem. I, like many other people, often recieve text, and pix/flix messages from buddies that send me all kinds of crazy/silly/gross stuff through texting. For some reason if I recieve a message from someone that has a moving picture on it, all I get is a still image. Or I'll get a thumbnail image of the message sent with a PLAY ">" on it, but when I tap the picture it shoots to the video screen for a split second then right back to the text window, nothing plays.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm hoping it's a setting I missed somewhere, or a simple app I can download.

Also, I am pretty sure when I bought my Droid, the saleman told me the GPS on it was at no cost, just the normal $30 data package fees apply, and nothing more. But someone told me if you use the GPS it costs you extra on your bill. Anyone have the official word on that? The customer service rep I got when I called Verizon was completely clueless of what I was talking about and she just kept saying VZNavigator over and over again.

Can't wait for a reply, I love these forums, thanks in advance :dft010:big_smile

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Google navigation is free on the Droid... and yes they are clueless

2 more days !!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ShortyJ13

ShortyJ13 New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    /bump

I still can't figure out the first question I had.

Please help :(

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I wish I could but, I don't get my Droid until tomorrow. :dft012:wink

1 more day !!!

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Today is your big day lol. :dft011:tounge_out

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    YES IT WAS !!!

And it seems to be all I thought it would be. This phone is awesome.:thumbup:

nothing down here

8. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    doesn't look like droid animates GIFs.. at least not on this version of the os. try again after the dec 11th update?

9. ShortyJ13

ShortyJ13 New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    That is definitely the problem, it seems to be all the GIF type messages I get that will not work.

Hopefully they do send a fix for it on the next update. :dft006:unhappy