1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Purchasing on street date with no pre-order

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by zortman66, Oct 13, 2008.

1. zortman66

zortman66 New Member

Oct 13, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Has anyone else called their local T-Mobile store and put their name on a "call list"? I have put my name on a list at three T-Mobile stores, and the last one I called assured me they would have enough.

I REALLY want this phone on the 22nd, so I figured my best strategy would be to just call as many stores as possible and have them call me on the 22nd.

I tried pre-ordering it online, but since I haven't been with T-Mobile for 22 months, I can't get the $179 price. The guy at T-Mobile told me I'm VERY close though, so he said I would be able to get the $179 price, but only if I bought it on the 22nd at a store.

Who thinks I'll be able to get one on the 22nd?

2. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    That's my strategy. Find one of the bigger T-Mobile dealers and hit them up either late on the 21st or first thing on the 22nd.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. zortman66

zortman66 New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Do you think they'll start selling them on the 21st?

5. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    It all depends on how much control T-Mobile corporate has on the release and making sure it doesn't get out until the 22nd. It would also depend on how many units the stores get (if any). I'm going to try.;)

6. zortman66

zortman66 New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    This is what's worries me the most. Every store I've talked to (except for one) told me they will be getting "plenty" of phones, and that they would be able to meet the walk-in demands. The one store I talked to said they were "probably" going to get around 20, and they had 60+ people on their waiting list. I don't know who to believe! Since I'm generally pessimistic, I would have to believe the store that said they would be getting 20.

9 days...

7. krazydave2000

krazydave2000 New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I been with tmobile foreva now. I didnt get a chance to pre-order..so i just bribed the store manager...they got sum big-o waiting list too..... im hoking him up with some cash after i get my g1 on release date...pretty excited..hopefully the hype is real....last time i went through this trouble for a phone was the N-GAGE lol

8. zortman66

zortman66 New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    The thought of bribing a store manager actually entered my mind at one point. You'll have to let us know how that goes! Hopefully I'll be able to get one without spending any extra money on the side.

9. krazydave2000

krazydave2000 New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    it worked haha i got bronze g1...