1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

[Q] How to Make RUU file from Branded HTC Desire?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rajverma3135, Apr 26, 2011.

1. rajverma3135

rajverma3135 New Member

Apr 19, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hi Everyone

I googled alot to find any way to create/make a RUU file from Branded HTC Desire. but bad luck

[Q] How to Make RUU file from Branded HTC Desire?

Is anyone know how to create a RUU.exe or zip file from Branded HTC Desire, so that I can upload to shipped roms website/forum as well as save that file for myself for future use, if I need to return my phone to company.

I know on forum and shipped rom website there are many RUU available but i wants to create my RUU with respect to my carrier service provider.

I will be grateful n really appreciate this if someone could help me to do this

Many Thanks

Raj Verma

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    The vendors have the tools to make official RUU files. The idea I think is a package that can flash a ROM regardless of root, recovery, unlock. The community at large uses a custom recovery and unlocked boot loaders to accomplish the same thing.

The process of root is actually a nice initiation and so I wonder to how much a demand is there for RUU tools.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    RUU stands for Rom Update Utility. In MOST cases I havent seen anywhere where the owner needed to use the RUU. If you are trying to build a Rom from scratch I have a post on how to make a rom albeit still in a rough draft stage.