1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

question about notifications

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by piedrafina, Dec 23, 2011.

1. piedrafina

piedrafina New Member

Dec 23, 2011

Sponsored Ad

i apologize if this is a simple question, but i an looking for a way to have different notification sounds for emails and text messages. this is one thing i loved about my bb. please tell me there is a way to do this on android.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi and welcome to eA.

I am brand new here and moved from BB to an EVO two days ago.

Looks like I can set a sound from within the Messages (SMS) app and another sound from within the email app. Open the email app and then Menu > Settings > Notification Setting > Choose the sound. For SMS open the app and press Menu > Settings > Notification Sound and check Play the Notification Sound.

That is what it looks like to me so give it a try and let us know if that works. I don't use sounds for notifications so I am not sure. Also not sure about the various devices and if they have different menus.

Hmmm...I don't know much, but that never stopped me before....:)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Steve is right, each app (Gmail, SMS, Corporate Mail) should be able to give you a different notification sound. Along with that, most apps that have ANY type of notification you can change the sound to something you want.

Check in the settings of each individual app for Notification or Alert Sounds, there you should find what you are looking for.

Good luck, and let us know how you made out!

5. piedrafina

piedrafina New Member

Dec 23, 2011
    i keep forgetting to look in the settings for each app. that is where it was. thanks!