1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on new phone!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Danamn96, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Danamn96

Danamn96 New Member

Oct 20, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Well soon on Thursday or even tomorrow maybe, I'll being choosing my brand new droid :D I'm pretty excited lol. However, the only problem I have is that I have no idea what phone to choose, I put it in droid X because thats what I'm mostly leading to..but I'd like some input on how is the X and such...If this is in the wrong place just please move it sorry I had no idea where to put it. Thank you!

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I havent heard may people say negative things about the X. I have played around with it and rooted a friends X but other then that it sounds and looks like a great device.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    My dad has an X, my brother and I have the Incredible, and my mom and wife have the Fascinate. I don't think you can go wrong with ANY of those devices.

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    It's probably a matter of preference. If you like the size of the X, I don't see why that wouldn't be a good choice.

6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I've had my X now for about a month and a half. Love it. I don't think there is a whole lot of difference between the android based devices. For me, the deciding factor was the physical size and the lack of a sliding keyboard.

7. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    Your best bet is to go to a store such as Best Buy or VZW and check out the devices yourself. How it feels, and what you can do with it. Motorola vs HTC (Google Experience vs Sense UI); large screen vs smaller screen; physical keyboard vs virtual keyboard. There are pluses and minuses for everyone. Only way you'll be able to hone in, will be to take a test drive.

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I would want a phone that comes with Swype.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    if your rooted, you can build a rom for your phone and impliment Swype on it along with complete customizations built in...i.e. your own personal pictures, apps, etc.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Wouldnt the Swype apk file expire if it were built in to the ROM since the only phones that have Swype are the Galaxy S phones?

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I have Swype (purple) and it hasn't expired....Don't use it, but I have it! :dft011:tounge_out

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Tony tried to send it to me, but it wasnt formatted for my phone. Which is another hurdle for this forever in Beta software.

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Guess who sent it to Tony??? ;)

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I know!!
    He told me :p

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Not necessarily I have a beta swype that still hasn't expired. Rumor has it that this version works with most droids but I haven't tested that yet

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I am still waiting for the 'Official' beta file, after I signed up. Using some version from some place, works though!

17. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    My DX had swype loaded when I got it. By this thread am I to assume that it is a trial verson?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

18. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Nope, standard on X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

19. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Well this post had me wondering.

20. Weapondrift

Gold