1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Google Navigation

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Salil Surendran, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Thebarron

Thebarron New Member

Aug 27, 2012

Sponsored Ad

No change, it acknowledges the tap by making the icon bigger then smaller again, thats it.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Mine changes view direction and another tap changes to a 3D view which has the direction of travel at the top of the screen.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Which button... I don't see one Steve.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

Attached Files:

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    This is Google maps which I think you might be talking about Steve.

Attached Files:

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Here is what Google provides about the issue in their Navigation Controls help section. This is essentially what I see and why I asked the above question:
    Compass

[​IMG] While in tracking mode, tap the compass icon in the upper left of your screen to toggle between a three-dimensional, heading-up tracking mode and a two-dimensional, North-up tracking mode.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    No Scott. I am in the Navigation function. However, I think Google Navigation is a part of Google Maps. That is why I don't see Google Navigation as an application in my ALL application list, but I do see TeleNav. Google Maps is listed.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Ah THAT thing....I didn't even know you could hit that to change the style. I guess thats what led to my confusion as to why it wasn't doing what it was supposed to (3D type nav which is what it was always on my phone)

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    In your App Drawer you should see a Blue Arrow Head with Navigation listed under it. Yes, you can get to Nav FROM Google Maps which is why I was questioning if either of the members GOT to nav from Google Maps

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Google Navigation is a Beta and can be found as part of their Maps app. When I start Navigation from the icon on my application list the splash screen shows Google Navigation - Beta. I can jump into a destination or select a Map view. In either case looks like it is integrated with Google Maps.

The Navigation has that compass in the upper left corner and if I move the displayed Map/Route a blue arrow (me) appears in the lower left corner. If I touch the blue arrow it recenters the blue arrow (me) in the screen. Touching the red Compass arrow changes the view as noted above.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sorry Scott, I am still not up to speed on the Android lexicon. When I said I couldn't find it as an app, I meant the Settings > Applications where apps can be managed, deleted, etc. I was trying to say (poorly) is that I did not see a Google Navigation app in the Manage Apps area so I surmised it is not a separate app and is actually a part of the Google Maps app.

When I said I can start it from the icon yes, I guess it is what you call the application drawer.

I sure hope I am clearer now. So sorry for any confusion....

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Gotcha... I think we are now on the same page

13. Thebarron

Thebarron New Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Ok Tried that and it works now!! Thanks for the tip