1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions for Chris / Mods

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by EQBob, Dec 14, 2014.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Hey guys...

Two questions...

1) In some forums, (ex: Android Apps), if I go to create a new thread, I get told it has to wait until approved by moderator. In other threads, that doesn't seem to be the case. Confused as to why this differential exists.

2) I cannot not seem to edit any post after I make it. Clicking "Tools" simply gives me the ability to report my own post, which is a little weird <G>

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    As a follow-up, posting in this forum was allowed immediately.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    1) This has been the case for many moons. The restriction was implemented to prevent developers and trolls from hyping their wares. It was getting out of control. I believe Chris has the same kind of restriction in the other forums including the iCafe.

2) Chris will have to deal with this and I am glad you made a specific request for him to see....When he wanders by....LOL...

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ok. Thanks Steve, I was not aware of/did not remember this. It must only be on some forums however because the other posts I started yesterday did not require moderation. Maybe just in the apps forum?

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Correct. Only the Apps forum. Sorry I wasn't clearer....

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ok. Thanks. I will try to remember that.