Droid Quick way to switch to Vibrate?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by gwhzz35, Nov 16, 2009.

1. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 New Member

Anyone figure out a quick way from the 'Lock screen' to switch it to Vibrate mode? I know a quick swipe to the right will turn it to Silent mode...but what about switching it to Vibrate?
  2. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

is't actually a swipe to the left that mutes the phone. to the right unlocks it. i don't know of a way to do this from the unlock screen, but i know there are apps that you can select an "etiquette" mode when you turn the phone over it will go to vibrate only if you want.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah thats how i do it left and right on the lock screen, also i hold down the up down switch on the right of the phone until it says "vibrate" or "silent"
  5. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 New Member

ah, yeah you guys are right it is left swipe...so yeah I guess I'm stuck unlocking it then using vol control to switch to Vibe...thanks for the feedback though!
  6. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

did you not see my post? there is an app where you can flip the phone over, the accelerometer reads this and sets the phone to vibrate. it's not perfect, but it would alleviate you from having to unlock and changed the volume.
  7. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 New Member

Yep I got that..thanks! I'll have to check that out!
  8. pistacio

pistacio New Member

"beautiful silence" in the market will let you add a widget with a toggle switch for vibrate...kinda ugly and you would still have to unlock, but quicker than holding down the volume (i use it).
  9. KelchM

KelchM New Member

Coming from the iPhone, this is probably one of my biggest complaints. I really miss being able to flip a switch to put the phone into vibrate mode.
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You have no problem flipping a switch but cant hold down the sound button on the right hand side of the screen for like 2 seconds? that will also put it in vibrate. :dft010:big_smile
  11. KelchM

KelchM New Member

You forgot to include the steps before that.

1. Pull the phone out of my pocket
    2. Hit the power button
    3. Unlock the phone
    4. Hold down the volume button
    5. Hit up once
    6. Turn off the screen
    7. Put phone back in my pocket

vs

1. Reach in pocket and flip switch.

Hmmm. I wonder which takes more time?
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Whatever you say buddy. Have a wonderful weekend.
  13. gnath9

gnath9 Member

There is an app (locale maybe) that let's you predefine locations such as work or church etc... so when you get there it auto switchs to vibrate or what ever you have predefined.
  14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This would require too much work for some members, because they would have to set the settings on the app :dft011:tounge_out
  15. gnath9

gnath9 Member

Lol ... I hear ya. Its too much work for me also. I'm old school and like to push buttons.
  16. KelchM

KelchM New Member

What the %$&@ is your problem dude?

Is it so wrong for me to want the Droid to get better an easier to use?
  17. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Member

Chill folks. This not the place for a flame war.
  18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Nothing is wrong I was joking around sorry didnt mean to offend ya.
  19. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle New Member

Ringer Toggle Widget

There's a widget that I use that is called Ringer Toggle Widget by Rounded Labs.

Each time you click, it switches between normal ring, vibrate, and silent... Might want to give that a try.