1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Droid X Q's: Voice Command and Contact Photos

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sulster, Mar 22, 2011.

1. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006

Sponsored Ad

a. does anyone else have issues getting Voice Command to open in under, say 88 seconds? okay, maybe that's a bit long, but it takes a long long time.
    b. why won't my contact photos automatically change when they change in Facebook?

Thanks!

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    You must have set your FB account to sync with the phone. You can either un-sync it, or manually change the picture from your contact list. You need to dl the pic to phone first. My friend had a photo I liked. Asked him to send it to me. Saved it to as card, edited contact picture to this one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    So, setting my phone to *sync* with FB keeps it *from syncing* the pictures? Not being smarty pants, just making sure I am reading that right... (?)

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    If you have the phone set to "sync" with Facebook, it should work that whatever photo the FB friend uses as their photo will become your phone's icon photo for that contact. (I have a friend who uses a picture of his dog as his FB photo...He is much better looking, so I manually added my own photo...) The rest should still sync, so when my sister changes her FB photo, it changes in my contacts (unless I manually change it...)...

Try "unsyncing" FB, rebotting phone, then resyncing...

6. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Thanks. I deleted the FB account from Messaging and then reinstalled it. Definitely acting weird.

7. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    sulster how are you launching the voice command?

8. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Either double clicking the Home button (I have it assigned as that) or by pressing on the Shortcut icon...