1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

(re)Building the HTC Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by AndroidN3rd, Feb 22, 2011.

1. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Well hello everyone! Long time no see. :016:upset
    Some of you that know me personally are aware that I dropped my Incredible in late October and the screen shattered, my device was rooted so HTC voided my warranty. Four months and approximately $340 later, it's fixed. Ordering parts next day from HTC's headquarters in england.. I completely rebuilt the Incredible. And because of that, I decided to give it some perks that HTC didn't think of :dft012:wink The phone now has a SUPER AMOLED WVGA screen that has twice the brightness of the stock WVGA screen. (480 X 800) I also included a super sensitive capacitive digitizer for perfect sensitivity and accuracy. The phone now has 32GB of internal flash memory instead of 8GB (+16GB SD) I have 10 hours of video from the repair and it was streaming live yesterday through xfire. I'm editing it in Sony Vegas to create a complete disassembly guide.

This is a picture of the back of the finished product. I'll be posting more pictures and video clips in the future.
    [​IMG]

My next attempt is to mod the RAM on the standard Motorola Droid.
    I also have several ROM's in process for both the Droid and the Incredible.
    On top of all that, my iPhone 4 is in the mail! Say hello to creating more Objective C iPhone apps! :dft010:big_smile Those will be on EIC for sure.
    I've created a new twitter account to post pictures, videos and project updates from-- Feel free to follow me! Click Here
    Yours truly
    -Andrew Eledge

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Damn dude!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't think the rooting voided the warranty....Shattered screen isn't usually covered by the warranty! (I still carry the insurance...)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Someone has been busy!

6. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    The verizon rep was actually smart. The screen was shattered to hell but you could still move around (kinda) he looked at the phone and told me since it had firmware on it that was not approved by them he couldn't validate my warranty >_<

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Shattered glass would NOT have been covered by warranty anyway! You could have been running un-rooted and stock. Broken glass isn't covered. Pixelated or frozen screen is a different story...

Glad you are up and running!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Yeah, when he told me that I tried to see if they could replace is because it had been dropping calls like a mofo. But they wouldn't do it.